PDA

View Full Version : It's Halloween...According to the Stores

NJGIRL
09-13-2014, 06:09 PM
I went into the mall today and EVERYTHING was Halloween, Halloween was all around me.

In honor of having a month and a half of Halloween let's list our top five Scary, Suspenseful, Horror, or Trick or Treat themed movies.

Here are mine in no particular order.

The Sixth Sense....Bruce Willis

The Others....Nicole Kidman

Underworld....Kate Beckinsale

Nightmare on Elm Street....I thought this was such a unique idea when it came out.

Identity...John Cusack....another unique story

I grew up in the Halloween, Friday the 13th etc... era. I saw all of those movies at the theater and most were more about the blood bath than the story.

BTW the movie that sacred me the most was Maniac 1980....that movie freaked me out. I would never watch it again.

BrerGnat
09-13-2014, 06:28 PM
It's already Christmas at Costco.

I don't like scary movies, but I did enjoy Scream.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-14-2014, 09:00 AM
I went into the mall today and EVERYTHING was Halloween, Halloween was all around me.

In honor of having a month and a half of Halloween let's list our top five Scary, Suspenseful, Horror, or Trick or Treat themed movies.

Here are mine in no particular order.

The Sixth Sense....Bruce Willis

The Others....Nicole Kidman

Underworld....Kate Beckinsale

Nightmare on Elm Street....I thought this was such a unique idea when it came out.

Identity...John Cusack....another unique story

I grew up in the Halloween, Friday the 13th etc... era. I saw all of those movies at the theater and most were more about the blood bath than the story.

BTW the movie that sacred me the most was Maniac 1980....that movie freaked me out. I would never watch it again.

Love "The Sixth Sense" and the first "Friday the 13th". Now let me add 2 of my favorites "The Thing" with Kurt Russel and my all time favorite "The Haunting" 1963 with Julie Harris and Claire Bloom. You can see The Haunting's influence in HM. When I was a teenager this movie scared the heck out of me. Now it is a Halloween tradition.:eek:

Arielfan98
09-14-2014, 08:11 PM
I'd just like to point out it's the first Halloween since Frozen's release...prepare to see tons of Anna costumes and a BILLION Elsa costumes

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-14-2014, 11:14 PM
It's already Christmas at Costco.

Yep - went into a Sam's Club two weeks ago and they were already putting Christmas stuff out.

NJGIRL
09-14-2014, 11:19 PM

Last year I watched a doc on the making of Scream.....very interesting.

my all time favorite "The Haunting" 1963 with Julie Harris and Claire Bloom. You can see The Haunting's influence in HM. When I was a teenager this movie scared the heck out of me. Now it is a Halloween tradition.:eek:

I will have to check this one out.

I'd just like to point out it's the first Halloween since Frozen's release...prepare to see tons of Anna costumes and a BILLION Elsa costumes

We don't get Trick or Treaters at my house because our houses out here aren't close enough together to make it worth it for the kids to come out.

BriarRose0708
09-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Bloody and graphic horror movies are not my thing at all, but I really enjoy watching psychological thrillers, especially from the 40's to the 70's.

The Others
The Haunting (LOVED the original film mentioned above, and I'll even watch the remake for laughs because it's so campy!)
The House on Haunted Hill (original only with Vincent Price!)
The Tingler (again with Vincent Price. Such a master!)
Wait Until Dark - nothing supernatural here but so suspenseful and Audrey Hepburn is amazing in her role as a blind housewife)
Shadow of a Doubt - My all time favorite Hitchcock film
Cape Fear - the remake wasn't bad but I don't think anyone did creepy stalker quite like Robert Mitchum

Septbride2002
09-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Not a scary movie fan at all.
Right now we are watching the "Walking Dead" on Netflix. I hide behind my hands for half the episode....

I do enjoy Scream but probably because it makes me feel like I'm back in high school.

NJGIRL
09-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Nikki was Nicole Kidman's "The Others" a remake from years ago? If it was I didn't know that and would love to watch the original.

BriarRose0708
09-16-2014, 08:52 AM
Nikki was Nicole Kidman's "The Others" a remake from years ago? If it was I didn't know that and would love to watch the original.

Rita, I don't believe so, which is rare in Hollywood these days!

vallerii
10-01-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm such a child.
LOVE Halloween. HATE super spooky horror/gory movies.
Therefore, I love the cheesy ones or more gothic stuff
*Nightmare Before Christmas
*Beetlejuice
*Ghostbusters (all of them)
*mickey's house of villains
*Haunted Mansion
*An American Werewolf In London
*Harry Potter movies - if you consider witches and wizards Halloweenish
*Ichabod and Mr. Toad
*It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
*Death Becomes Her
*The Mummy (and sequels)
Slightly darker, not as kid-friendly:
*Bram Stoker's Dracula
*Shaun of the Dead ( I know I break my gory movie here, but it's too darn funny)
*Underworld
*Blade

TV-wise, I'd love to pull up hgtv halloween specials, Eerie Indiana, Witches of Eastwick and stuff like that.