PDA

View Full Version : Apple Iphone 6 in the park

ransam
09-12-2014, 05:05 AM
This may not be the forum for this, but I was at the apple store and was talking to an employee and he said Disney was a major player in the pay bill part of the phone. I am wondering if anyone had info on how this will effect magic band? Could having your magic band eventually be linked to your phone?

yankeesfan123
09-12-2014, 07:17 AM
This may not be the forum for this, but I was at the apple store and was talking to an employee and he said Disney was a major player in the pay bill part of the phone. I am wondering if anyone had info on how this will effect magic band? Could having your magic band eventually be linked to your phone?

Eh. Who knows. Maybe that could happen eventually (with the watch too). But Disney, and other retailers, will accept payment through the phone and watch.

If Disney is already going to be accepting payments through the phone/watch, it doesn't sound completely crazy that they might also accept park tickets/ADR/FP+ access through the devices either.

Heck, apple already has hotels on board to allow the watch to act as a hotel room key. Why not Disney eventually?

ransam
09-13-2014, 01:42 AM
it wouldn't surprise me if someday everything was linked to your phone. Credit cards, your car keys, house keys, etc....

yankeesfan123
09-13-2014, 08:06 AM
it wouldn't surprise me if someday everything was linked to your phone. Credit cards, your car keys, house keys, etc....

There are already "house keys" that are linked up your phone.

The door lock is connected to your phone via Bluetooth. When you're within, say, 5 feet of the door, it unlocks automatically.