PDA

View Full Version : dapper day coming up soon

mechanic
09-10-2014, 05:22 PM
September 27 disney studios. A day to put on you special dress up clothes, period costumes, (no characters), or military dress blues and mingle. Its really fun, especially at DS. After closing time, the fun will move over to Boardwalk for dancing drinks and general good fun. Check out online videos, and more info at eebsite.

Melanie
09-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Seems like they just had this! So, it's at DHS this time?

Main Street Jim
09-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Seems like they just had this! So, it's at DHS this time?Last time I heard/saw about this, it was out at Disneyland. Hadn't seen or heard anything about any of the Florida parks.

VWL Mom
09-10-2014, 06:36 PM
I just checked out the DapperDay website. Sounds like a lot of fun, wish I could be there to watch all the vintage fashions.

mechanic
09-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Its quite popular at DL. a group of folks trying to get traction on it at WDW. twice a year. A very unstructured event. Dress how you want, hang out, post videos, make friends. Not an official disney event. No charge to attend. Don't think anyone is profiting from it.

VWL Mom
09-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Not an official disney event. No charge to attend. Don't think anyone is profiting from it.

I did notice they have made arrangements with Disney for convention rate tickets. They have an after 4PM entry ticket for $59 and after 2PM for $74.

Melanie
09-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Its quite popular at DL. a group of folks trying to get traction on it at WDW. twice a year. A very unstructured event. Dress how you want, hang out, post videos, make friends. Not an official disney event. No charge to attend. Don't think anyone is profiting from it.

Yeah, it's quite the event out in DL, but that's understandable for that area. The one in WDW that I recall was at the Magic Kingdom. Makes sense if that was only half a year ago.

etibbetts
09-11-2014, 11:37 AM
I was at WDW last year and saw a lot of people dressed for it at both Epcot and HS. We stopped someone to ask about it because we had never heard of it. They looked great! I'm sad I miss it by one day on this trip, I would have loved to dress the part!

Stu29573
09-11-2014, 12:00 PM
I "get it" more at DLR than WDW (since it opened during the "dapper" timeframe) but I also understand that 3000 miles is a ways to go to wear your cool retro duds. So,all in all, it's a cool thing regardless of coast!

ransam
09-12-2014, 04:59 AM
They did this last year about the same time. I had never heard of it and was wondering what it was and an employee told me. I think it's very cool

TheVBs
09-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Wish I could go to see everyone dressed up! :mickey: I remember reading about it last year and thought it was such a fun idea. It was the first time I'd heard about it and the first time I'd heard about Disney Bounding too. I actually spotted some Disney Bounders last time we were in the parks and it was fun noticing them and figuring out their characters.