PDA

View Full Version : Low crowds!

disney obsessed
09-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Parks are great. Waited less than half hour for mine train, 10 min wait for soaring. Most things are walk ons.

Life is good.:cool:

natedog24
09-09-2014, 11:58 PM
Great to hear! :thumbsup: Hoping that trend continues for the next couple weeks!! I leave in 9 days!!!! :mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
09-10-2014, 01:55 AM
That is awesome! We are leaving on Thursday and driving down! We'll be there Sunday! Hope that the good luck continues! :mickey:

ransam
09-10-2014, 04:12 AM
I suppose that's too much to ask over thanksgiving weekend? LOL

Melanie
09-10-2014, 04:48 AM
September is a great month to go! :thumbsup:

Terra
09-10-2014, 06:27 AM
September is a great month to go! :thumbsup:

Hmmm, maybe they'll inject some extra sleeping 'synthetic' hormones into the turkey and everyone will be passed out over the weekend! ;)

Give it a another couple of weeks until the F&W hit then up the numbers go! Over Labor day weekend when we did our vacation it was nice like that as well!! Didn't even use many of the FP we booked because we could just get on right away!

Goofeygal
09-10-2014, 07:04 AM
We are here now also and there is NO crowds at all. Gotta love Sep.

grumpyguy
09-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Hope that holds for the next couple weeks..
We leave Friday morning for 10 days,low crowds make things so much less stressful!!

Melanie
09-10-2014, 07:20 AM
Oh yeah, don't think the Food & Wine Festival starting early this year isn't to bump up September crowds. Disney doesn't want any low times.

etibbetts
09-10-2014, 07:43 AM
That is great to hear! My family is leaving to go to WDW on Saturday for two weeks! :)

Strmchsr
09-10-2014, 07:46 AM
With all of the folks posting about being down there next week (me included) sounds like it the crowds might go up. I definitely hope not.

pox24
09-10-2014, 08:20 AM
We drove up on the 3rd for a long week. We did alot of attractions twice. Once Stand By, because they were so short and once with our FP. :thumbsup:

vicster
09-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Great to hear! :thumbsup: Hoping that trend continues for the next couple weeks!! I leave in 9 days!!!! :mickey:

We leave in 9 days also - a little worried about crowds because now they're starting the F&W festival a week earlier. Can't wait!

JabberJaws
09-10-2014, 09:15 AM
September has always been a great time for the parks. School just starting back, most families are hesitant to take kids out of school that soon, so you get the bare minimum crowds. Great time to go!

VacationDisney
09-10-2014, 11:09 AM
We were there August 30th to September 7th and the crowds were low. We noticed if you hit the parks, first thing, & did the really popular rides you could walk right on. Some rides we didn't even use the FP+ passes.

Later in the day Soarin', Mine Ride, Toy Mania, Splash Mountain (rides like that) had wait times of 45 to 60 minutes in the afternoon.

princessgirls
09-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Soooo Jealous!!!!

Enjoy:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
09-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Yep, my husband is at WDW attending a business conference and had two half-days in the parks (MK and Epcot) and he said that the wait times were great! The only thing not-so-great was that the restaurants were still pretty much booked up for dinner--very difficult to do a walk-up (they tried every restaurant in MK and ended up at the Kona Cafe at the Poly instead.)

BuddyL4
09-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Next year we picked September to go for 10 days following Labor Day. Last year we went the week before Labor Day and the crowds were definately managable. Now to keep fingers crossed that Crowds will be down, free DDP hits, and the poly construction is complete. Oh and its now 364 days and counting :mickey:

NewmanFamily6
09-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Are we sure that everyone isn't just at Toy Story Mania? I swear that line never goes down:mickey:

Kairi_7378
09-10-2014, 07:36 PM
My favorite time to go! I will deal with the heat in order to enjoy lower crowds in the parks :)

masonlovesdisney
09-11-2014, 12:24 AM
Awesome to hear! We are leaving tuesday the 16th. Cant wait!

Lodger
09-11-2014, 05:48 PM
I was in the World after Labor Day with the exceptions of Splash Mountain and the new Mine Train all other rides seemed to be a walk on. We had no real need for our fast passes. We walked onto Soarin twice.

spoiledraf
09-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Yep, my husband is at WDW attending a business conference and had two half-days in the parks (MK and Epcot) and he said that the wait times were great! The only thing not-so-great was that the restaurants were still pretty much booked up for dinner--very difficult to do a walk-up (they tried every restaurant in MK and ended up at the Kona Cafe at the Poly instead.)

I'm thinking free dining did him in.

KODABEAR
09-12-2014, 04:44 PM
:old::knit:Wednesday line for Toy Story was 20 min. that was at 1:30 PM. I think it actually was less then that. Took us longer to get into The Great Movie ride!:mickey:

Gator
09-12-2014, 05:58 PM
I had some friends there for the last week. Sounds like they'll be rubbing in all their small crowd stories. Plus they get to see the Epcot entertainment one last time. Jealous.

MissMaryPoppins
09-13-2014, 12:39 AM
I just came back from a long girls weekend and was very happy with the crowds. I had to stay behind the morning everyone else went to the Studios but my Mom told me the rides had little to no wait. I spent Monday at the Magic Kingdom and was happy to find the crowd not at all overwhelming. I was with my aunt who hasn't been there since she came with my parents and me when I was 2. The mine train, which I was dying to try, had a wait of over an hour. We went to that first thing and was told it had been shut down for some reason and that may have thrown off the times for the rest of the day. It was very important we do Space Mountain and that was about 20 minutes, if that. It was a very hot day but that can't be helped, other than that it was a great day in the park.

MNNHFLTX
09-13-2014, 02:54 PM
I'm thinking free dining did him in.
Yup, probably. He was there for a conference at the Disney institute, so he and his colleagues didn't think to make any ADR's ahead of time.

BigRedDad
09-13-2014, 03:20 PM
I went in Sept once when I got my MBA. It was great for crowds, but there was major heat. We learned to do the attractions until about noon, hit the AC places or back to the resort until about 3-4PM and then back to the park until they closed. Great times and no real waits.