PDA

View Full Version : moving from one resort to another?

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Hi there;
We are booked renting points from1/15-1/22 at Boardwalk, however looking at the flights on Southwest, it is actually $320 cheaper if we fly out on 1/14. So I was thinking of booking a 1 night at Port Orleans,(there are 5 of us) and just not doing a park that day, and just head into down town that night... and we could start early the next morning ...I know Magic Express will get our stuff from the plane to Port Orleans, and from Boardwalk to the plane... but how do we get our stuff from Port Orleans to Boardwalk in the morning? (we will not have a car) would we use a cab? What would that cost? and would it fit all of us? Could the boardwalk hold our stuff since it would be way before check in time? HELP!

Fangorn
09-09-2014, 04:44 PM
This isn't really a problem. It's done all the time.

Yes, one option is to use a cab. Cost shouldn't be more than about $25, if that. Using a cab will allow you to check-in at Boardwalk right away (even though your room may not be ready).

However, Disney will transfer your luggage from one resort to another for free. Generally, you just take you bags to the bell station and tell them what you need to do. Let them know at the front desk at POR when you check in, and they'll tell you precisely what to do. Just be aware that if Disney transfers your luggage, you may not see it again until much later in the afternoon, so plan accordingly.

If you have Disney transfer the luggage, you can check out of POR, go to a park for the day and then go to Boardwalk in the evening, and check in. Your luggage should be waiting for you at Bell Services at Boardwalk.

Steve

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-09-2014, 04:58 PM
REally? I didn't know they would do that! That is awesome! It would be no big deal for us to go to a park all day and not see our stuff until later... we aren't "come back at lunch" types.. Thank you!!!!:mickey:

WDWForever
09-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Great convenient service. I've done it a few times and recall they even picked up from our first room. Up to you but I had tipped a few dollars depending on the number of bags or how heavy they were.

BigRedDad
09-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Very easy to do, but don't trust Disney with moving your luggage. My experience was lost luggage for 8 people. They "found" our luggage at 3AM and we were leaving on DME at 3:30AM. We got back to the resort after the store was closed and had no clean clothes to wear.

My advice is for one person to cab the luggage over, have them hold it, check in, and meet the rest of the group at a park.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-16-2014, 02:21 PM
If you choose not to go ahead and check-in at BWV early that morning, make sure you have your park tickets already available for immediate use, meaning you are not getting tickets as part of a package reservation (which I assume you are not since you are renting points).

Also, while I have NO actual experience with the question, I wonder if Disney will move your luggage into your new room prior to you "checking in" at BWV, or if they will hold it until you are checked in. Maybe someone will know for sure, but I have always been doubtful as to whether Bell services would move your luggage into your room until you have picked up the keys, since there is a risk of you being moved rooms during check in. If they don't it could delay you getting your luggage for several hours after your check-in.

Fangorn
09-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Bell services will not move your bags into your room without you being there, checked in or not. They will hold it in the baggage area until you call them and ask for it to be delivered.

You will want to tip them when they bring your stuff up.

Steve