PDA

View Full Version : Food and Wine Festival Premium Packge

tink'72
09-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Not going to lie - I am a little sad. I booked the Food and Wine Festival Premium package for our upcoming stay and I just got a call from Disney letting me know that the after hours event that was included in the ticket is no longer being offered on the night we picked. The next night it is being offered we won't be there.

They did offer to credit me back 79.00 of the 199.00 and I would still get all the other benefits that came with the package. I just don't know if it's worth it anymore :confused:

JabberJaws
09-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Hmm that is interesting. Did they explain why it wasn't being offered?

We just booked the Late Nights Live ($79) thing for the first night of our trip. Thought about just getting the entire premium package, as it is a better deal, but it only runs Monday - Thursday and unfortunately we're only going to be hitting the Disney Parks Friday - Sunday. We will be in town early enough on Thursday to do the late nights live though so at least that will work out!

tink'72
09-10-2014, 11:36 AM
They didn't say why it was canceled. I thought the cost of the Premium Package was worth it. You do receive a $50.00 gift card which brings the cost down to 150.00 per person.

I'm just so conflicted on what to do.

JabberJaws
09-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Oh absolutely. I thought it looked like a pretty good value too. The $50 gift card, the in room gifts and access to the VIP areas alone were a good deal. If the timing had worked out for us I would have jumped on that right away.

DisneyHoneymooners
09-11-2014, 08:46 AM
We got the same call. They cancelled the event on Sept. 30, but we were able to change some plans and are now going on Oct. 2.

tink'72
09-11-2014, 01:21 PM
I wonder why they are canceling the late night events? Low sales maybe? I'm going to look tonight if I can extend our stay 2 days I will book the next available night if not then we'll take the $79.00 per person credit and just get all the other items included in the package.

JabberJaws
09-11-2014, 02:48 PM
It could be due to low sales, especially for the Tuesday ones. Seems like Thursday would be a little more popular date (we're doing it on a Thursday) than a Tuesday. Who knows. I hope they don't cancel ours on Thursday, Oct. 9 though. I'm looking forward to it!