PDA

View Full Version : Is HS still crazy with the Frozen special stuff?

lawgirl
09-08-2014, 05:37 PM
We are going for a really short trip, and are planning on doing HS Saturday the 20th. I thought I read that it was really busy due to the new Frozen parade / fireworks, etc... and I'm wondering if this is still the case. Should we go for Epcot instead?

Main Street Jim
09-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Anna and Elsa's Welcome ceremony on Hollywood Blvd.: Runs at 11:00; get a spot on the street at the corner of Hollywood and where the hat is (not *too* close that you can't see anything, though); arrive at least an hour beforehand.

Frozen sing-along at the Premier Theater (old Hunchback theater): Basically, they're handing out "tickets" to this event for shows throughout the day. There are several times to choose from; we chose the 3:30 show. We arrived to get in line at about 2:45 - and were just about the last ones into the show.

Wandering Oaken's Trading Post (located on Mickey Avenue near Toy Story Mania): We didn't see a line shorter than about a half to get in to purchase merchandise. They actually had to set up a queue outside the "store".

Frozen fireworks:Again, the streets were *packed*; get there about an hour early so you can see the hat. We were on the corner next to the Tip Board (we didn't get there early enough :/ ) and had to watch through and around the trees.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-08-2014, 08:29 PM
If you love DHS, then go. Yes, it will be busy with Frozen stuff, but you'll be able to work around it.

Other than the welcome parade, and the fireworks (which were awesome), most of it is well contained, and doesn't get too much in the way.

But, they start closing parts of the park quite early to get ready for the fireworks, and the park is a zoo waiting for them to start.

If it was me, I'd go to Epcot!

ransam
09-09-2014, 04:04 AM
I haven't seen it, and I know it will be crowded....but even when crowded, I think I will regret not seeing it.

lawgirl
09-09-2014, 10:32 AM
I like Frozen, but I'm not really into all the stuff going on. We had decided on HS a long time ago, so I don't know what to do. It looks like Fantasmic is still scheduled for that night. Does the Frozen fireworks affect that at all?

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-09-2014, 10:50 AM
No, the Frozen Fireworks happen "in between" Fantasmic if there are two shows, or after the first show if there is only one.

If there are two shows, you'd probably be better seeing the fireworks first, and then Fantasmic, since the fireworks starts right after the show lets out (depending on exact times of course), so finding a good spot could be quite tricky.

Katzateer
09-09-2014, 11:11 AM
I like Frozen, but I'm not really into all the stuff going on. We had decided on HS a long time ago, so I don't know what to do. It looks like Fantasmic is still scheduled for that night. Does the Frozen fireworks affect that at all?

If you stand near Norway you can see the fireworks from the studios. we watched them both at same time one night, which was awesome (rain delayed fireworks at Epcot).

debbymc4
09-19-2014, 10:29 PM
We were there today. I don't know that it affected the attractions that much, but the walkways were very congested.

lawgirl
09-22-2014, 10:00 AM
We were there today. I don't know that it affected the attractions that much, but the walkways were very congested.

Oh my word! We did Studios on Saturday, and it was crazy towards the end. We left before the fireworks as the crowd was really out of control. I won't be going back! It was waaaaay too many people, not organized at all, blocking the exit and walkways. It was pretty bad!

Kenny1113
09-22-2014, 11:10 AM
:(

I was thinking about taking my kids for a day trip to DHS since we haven't been back to studios since my little DS started riding thrill rides. Now I'm not sure...

lawgirl
09-22-2014, 08:33 PM
It was crazy towards the end. People were shoving and pushing us, and we were just trying to Exit the park early. The area is not meant for that kind of crowd, and there didn't seem to be any CM's patrolling the area like at MK. The traffic was awful. Some guy almost stepped on my son in the stroller. It was not fun! I definitely don't plan on going back anytime soon.

Fastpasssteve
09-22-2014, 11:49 PM
Hollywood Studios will remain crazy over FROZEN for the foreseeable future. I believe it will be crazy about it once winter returns all over again. There isn't a "better day" to go to Hollywood Studios. However, your strategic placement in the park during some of these events might lead to shorter attraction lines.