PDA

View Full Version : Magic Band customization?

EeyoresBestFriend
09-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Am I missing something?

I hear a lot of folks talking about customizing the band before getting there. Now I understand as a Canadian that it will not be shipped to me and I pick it up at check in, but MDE only allowed me to pick one of about 6 plain colors and add a few characters to be printed.

Now on Ebay, I see a band with HM design on it and it comes with a one day pass. Where are those designs coming from? Or is this another US only thing? :confused:

VWL Mom
09-07-2014, 07:45 PM
The special bands you're seeing are available for purchase in the parks. There are also covers and decorations for the bands that you can purchase.

As far as the bands on Ebay, please be careful. They are totally worthless to the purchaser unless they were purchased and never used or registered. In addition, I just saw on Ebay that the limited edition bands must be attached to a ticket at time of purchase or Disney deactivates them. Once a band is used or registered to a MDE account it is non-transferable.

EeyoresBestFriend
09-07-2014, 08:12 PM
I definitely would never by Disney tickets or stuff by Ebay!!

Is it possible to get one of these fancier ones? Or are we stuck with whatever we chose online? Do they transfer the info? Our group has park passes and APs for when we go down in the spring next year.

garthbarth1
09-07-2014, 08:19 PM
You can add characters to be printed?? I only saw the option to pick colors...
:blush:

DizneyFreak2002
09-07-2014, 08:26 PM
I definitely would never by Disney tickets or stuff by Ebay!!

Is it possible to get one of these fancier ones? Or are we stuck with whatever we chose online? Do they transfer the info? Our group has park passes and APs for when we go down in the spring next year.
As Lynn stated, you can purchase bands with designs at the parks... You will have to have your information transferred or added to the purchased band at time of purchase...

ransam
09-08-2014, 03:44 AM
one of the cool things to think about is how limitless the possibilities are of designs for the bands. I can imagine eventually you will be able to buy them in designs for special occasions, sport teams, etc...

VWL Mom
09-08-2014, 07:14 AM
You can add characters to be printed?? I only saw the option to pick colors...
:blush:

I believe the OP was referring to letters when they used the term characters.

EeyoresBestFriend
09-08-2014, 10:32 PM
I believe the OP was referring to letters when they used the term characters.

Yes - I was. Thanks Lynn!

But Disney characters WOULD be cool!! We can always hope :fingers:

stephicakes
09-09-2014, 08:53 AM
If you are crafty and want to create a more personalized look for your band, I have read of people painting their band in different colors and designs (check it out on Pinterest) and sewing their own cloth "sleeves" for them as well.

I think this is a cute idea especially for the kids to get excited for an upcoming trip. :mickey: