PDA

View Full Version : HM Attic Observation...

Stu29573
09-06-2014, 12:53 PM
Was just watching one of Martin's Videos on the Haunted Mansion and I have decided that the old attic scene with the beating heart bride and the popup ghosts was MUCH creepier than Constance...Just an observation...

Ian
09-07-2014, 10:07 AM
I suspect I'll be in the minority, but I'll agree with you. Something about the creepy heartbeat sound I think fit the Mansion feel more than the one that's there now with her pithy sayings (although I will admit to cracking up every time she says, "I do ... I did!").

However, overall the rest of the upgrades are amazing so I don't let this one bother me too much.

Melanie
09-07-2014, 12:44 PM
I think the Bride update was the cherry on top of the sundae. Love it so much more than before. I'd love to have the doom buggies slow down there through the attic so I could take it all in a bit more. Constance is the bomb! LOL

Stu29573
09-08-2014, 01:42 PM
I agree that the rest of the upgrades are wonderful (except for the interactive line). I think the attic lost its mystery and creepiness, though. It's even a lot brighter there now. The mind can paint much scarier pictures when not given too much information. The old attic let you do that. The new attic is like "Once upon a time there was an evil woman named Constance who..." About that time my interest is gone...

ransam
09-09-2014, 04:07 AM
I love the new story line. It's so cool to ride.

mgmnut
09-09-2014, 06:47 AM
As a kid the Heart-Beating Bride scared the life out of me. The attic to me was the scariest part of the ride. I like the new Constance, but I think I may still like the old low tech one better.

I am also not too crazy about the new stairs either.

Melanie
09-09-2014, 07:34 AM
Oh, I love the stairs. I think that room is so cool.

For me, the attraction isn't about being really scary. Creepy, yes. Scary, no. If that makes sense. lol

mgmnut
09-09-2014, 11:23 AM

For me, the attraction isn't about being really scary. Creepy, yes. Scary, no. If that makes sense. lol

Yes, That makes sense. I agree, I would say now as an adult it is more the creep factor, as a kid, to me, it was both creepy and scary.

I distinctly remember the first time I rode it ever! How scared I was not knowing what was around the next turn, I was not a big haunted house fan at all. I would love to be able to look back now and see my face. One scene that pops out in my head is the long hallway with the floating candles, and then the buggy turns you towards it... ha ha. But definitely going by the heart beating bride for the first time hit the top of the creepy/scary scale for me.

azcavalier
09-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Honestly, I don't even remember what the old attic used to look like. I guess I don't miss it very much. I'd have to go find a ride-through video to see it.

DadTriton
09-15-2014, 11:03 PM
I like to old and new, really the attic is a small part of the ride.

DonaldDuckUSA
09-16-2014, 07:30 PM
I'm right with the rest of you! I love the upgrades, but something about the bride with the beating heart (without the flushed out story line) stuck with me for a long time.

As a kid I drew pictures of all the MK rides and the picture I drew of HM was the beating heart bride. All the other attractions were of the whole ride track or building of the ride, but with HM it was just that one moment. Thats how much it stuck with me as a child. So. Cool.

That being said, upgrade was AWESOME and I'm not sad its gone. Its just a cool little thing in my Disney memory.

TikiLounger
09-28-2014, 10:11 AM
I loved the old version and I love the new, too. They did an awesome job with the upgrades. I do agree with an earlier poster who likes all the new except for the interactive queue. I can certainly do without it. I think it takes something away from the "anticipation factor".

texas211
09-28-2014, 10:17 AM

I think that is the best way to look at it. Creepy and eerie, but not scary (like the Halloween party says). Too scary isn't good either. Doesn't fit w/ the park itself. Creepy cashes in on ambiance and fits w/ the theme of WDW.. i.e. capitalizing on the spirit of theme (no pun intended).

ransam
09-29-2014, 03:06 AM
I agree that it is so much better now and that it is creepy, but not scary

Terra
09-29-2014, 06:26 AM
I love it as well! The attic scene is truly creepy. I always want to get out and explore the "old" stuff! :secret: I'm probably the only geek that wants too!

I have to admit, I'm a huge "ghost" buff anyway and there is *always* something eerie about a ghost bride!