PDA

View Full Version : Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Cass&KenziesMom
09-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Hi! We're owners through Club Wyndham and I just booked our Disney stay with Bonnet Creek yesterday!!! I was just wondering if anyone has stayed at this resort recently? If so how was it? I noticed they have a shuttle to the parks but it says it's for a fee. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance!!

BigRedDad
09-07-2014, 07:24 AM
I have not been, but know people that have and love it. One family switched from 2 room ressies from a moderate to a 2 bedreem Presidential and saved over $1000 even after having to buy an AP for the free parking. They got the 2 bedroom presidential suite for less than a single non-preferred room at Pop Century. They did not use the shuttle because of the fee. The free parking with the AP saved them the money. They did wind up upgrading all passes to AP so they can go again.

The only negative they had was the initial push for timeshare sales. This is always the case at a Wyndham and you just have to get through the 30 minutes of saying NO.

Cass&KenziesMom
09-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks! We're already owners so we usually don't have to deal with the sales pitch. :thumbsup: It's usually a quick 15 minute "Welcome to the property". I'm curious as to what the fee is??? I was also toying around with the idea of upgrading to an AP for the parking benefit....especially since the hubby didn't shoot down my idea of making it back for Christmas next year. :cloud9:

eandrsmom
10-08-2014, 12:18 PM
We never took the shuttles when we were there. I can say that even paying to park, we did save A LOT of money staying there. It was nice being within Disney property without actually paying to stay on Disney property. I found the pools to be nice when we stayed during the off season. At the peak of summer, I found them to be loud and crowded.

BigRedDad
10-28-2014, 04:14 AM
We just bought a 7 night stay in a 2BR Dlx for $500. We will be there Dec 14-21. I am expecting crowds, but we are there to relax, do what we can, experience this resort, and just have fun. We are getting APs and will not use the shuttle. We lose EMH, but that is not a big deal.

busterthebronco
10-28-2014, 09:05 AM
We've stayed there and enjoyed it. The "shuttles" are few and far between.

eeyoremom
10-28-2014, 12:56 PM
How do you get the great rate for a 2 bedroom, bigreddad?

BigRedDad
10-28-2014, 06:54 PM
We kept an eye out for deals on timeshare rental sites, auction sites, etc. We were flexible on dates. When we saw this one ending with no bids, we jumped on it. I could have gotten it from someone we rented points from previously for $677. You just need to look around. There are people that literally have 10's of millions of points and do this as a business. They buy up the cheap timeshare properties and exchange them through RCI or Wyndham directly. All they do for their job is rent out vacaitons for profit.