PDA

View Full Version : Allergy Menu Test Coming

Strmchsr
09-05-2014, 06:49 PM
From Sept 9 through Oct 20 the Flying Fish Café, ABC Commissary, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant, Hollywood Brown Derby, Kona Cafe and Captain Cooks, and World Premiere Food Court at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort will be testing an allergy friendly menu. This means when ordering the chef won't have to come out but you can order straight off this menu if you have any allergy issues and it will let you know what is safe for various allergies. For allergies not covered by the menu, or if the guest still has questions, speaking with the chef remains an option.

faline
09-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Interesting. I know a number of restaurants offer a gluten free menu open request but I hadn't heard of a more extensive application of such a menu. It must be based on the most statistically prevalent allergies would be my guess.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Very interesting. I'd love it, I often don't mention my allergies since it becomes such a saga (not good, I know), but this could be good.

I hope it isn't a super limited menu of "safe" foods, that there is some variety and choice. (i.e. how the allergy desserts are so often the enjoy life cookie that is "everything" free)

Strmchsr
09-06-2014, 08:19 AM
I'm going to try to get a peak at one of these menus while we're down starting Sept 13. We're staying 1 night at Movies so I can see that one. I'll just have to make sure to go into a couple of the other places to see what they have.

Hammer
09-06-2014, 09:41 AM
I'm going to try to get a peak at one of these menus while we're down starting Sept 13. We're staying 1 night at Movies so I can see that one. I'll just have to make sure to go into a couple of the other places to see what they have.

I plan to eat at Brown Derby on October 5th, so I can check out that menu.

Strmchsr
09-15-2014, 08:24 PM
Okay, just to update I checked out Sci-Fi and ABC Commissary today. In both places the "allergy" menu was actually just a gluten-free menu. I was expecting from the description a menu that had options for various allergies, but it's Gluten-free only. I've attached pics of the allergy menu from Sci-Fi. The ABC one had a good amount of selection, too.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks for sharing Chris! I was really hoping for a wider allergy menu, not just gluten free.

Hammer
09-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Thanks Chris! I noticed the detailed legal disclaimer at the bottom of the menu. You would think that what is written there is just common sense, but that commodity seems to be in short supply these days ;) .

Terra
09-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Thank you for sharing! This is great news for myself!!

TheDuckRocks
09-17-2014, 09:51 AM
Once again on the subject of giving us allergy/nutritional information Disney is so lame. For the number of meals they serve in a year they should be required to do better. As for the allergy info they need to have a look at the allergy sheet from TGIFriday. If any of you ask there, you get to see a very good chart of every item on the menu with all allergies listed by little icons.