PDA

View Full Version : F&W Questions

Mrs Bus Driver
09-03-2014, 08:52 AM
I am planning a trip for next year. It looks like everyone wants to go during F&W. Since I can be flexible about the dates I am wondering when is the best week to go? I know Disney has extended F&W by a week or so, but can't remember if that is at the beginning or end of F&W. If its at the beginning (late Sept) is that a good time to go? And what is it that you enjoy about F&W? TIA:mickey:

texas211
09-03-2014, 09:28 AM
We like going in the late Sept time frame. The weather is still good, albeit slightly wetter. The rest of the country's travel hasn't turned to **** yet, so flight schedules are better.

The FW is a great experience, and we have retuned our travel schedule to make sure to hit it. We found everything to be quite pleasant, and depending on when you go, you might get more of a Halloween feel.

SBETigg
09-03-2014, 10:01 AM
September is still pretty warm and occasionally stormy, but probably lower crowds than October. October-November have good weather, usually, though it can sometimes get a little cool at night. It's always packed on weekends. Especially Columbus Day weekend. I would avoid the days leading up and away from Columbus Day if possible. And try to get to World Showcase on weekdays, especially weekday afternoons.

What I love about F & W, sampling the foods and wines/beers/cocktails, and getting to enjoy a little more lively atmosphere in World Showcase and learn more about different countries. What I don't like is that World Showcase is more congested and crowded than usual, and it can get a little too lively. Overall, though, I enjoy it. I have too many favorites to list. You can find lists of what they have to offer here and on various sites. The food samples range in cost and size, but generally I find that stopping at 3-4 booths fills me up and the samples cost about $3-8.

JabberJaws
09-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Not sure that the month/week matter quite as much as the day of the week. As others have said, weekends will be busier, but especially weekends after 4 or 5. A lot of people will go to other parks and come to WS for a F&W happy hour/dinner and locals will come on the weekends after 4 p.m.

What I've found as a good strategy, if you don't mind drinking and eating a bit earlier in the day, is to try and hit up a lot of the booths earlier before they get too busy. Even still, once they get slammed, there will still be some booths that have next to no lines while some of the more popular ones will have long waits, so you can still enjoy things.

Plus, people watching at F&W at night on a weekend can be kind of fun in its own right. :cheers:

ransam
09-04-2014, 02:52 AM
I would think the latest during the time frame the better. it will be less crowded, the weather will be milder.

Have a great trip.

PirateLover
09-04-2014, 09:47 AM
I loved October. Less of a chance you'll hit a rogue heat wave, and you'll see a lot of people dressed up for the Halloween parties (even if you aren't attending) which adds even more of a livelihood to the parks for me. When you are planning what parks to do, I'd recommend most of your F&W time be during the week. The weekends can be a bit crazy.