PDA

View Full Version : 4th FP+ on mobile app?

angyl15
09-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Can you add your additional FP+s on the mobile app? I keep reading conflicting information.

Thanks!!

Bucs300
09-02-2014, 11:50 AM
No you can't, once you use up your original 3 fastpasses for the day you must go to one of the kiosks inside the park and you will pick them on a touchscreen monitor. You can only book one fastpass at a time at that point and they must be for the park you are currently in.

So for instance you pre book 3 fastpasses for Magic Kingdom, you use those 3 up and decide you want to jump over to EPCOT, you can't book your 4th fastpass for EPCOT until you get there and inside the park.

I've already been told they are working on changing it over to where you can make all your additional bookings from the app so you won't have to use the kiosk but they haven't rolled that out yet.

angyl15
09-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Ok thanks for clarifying! It would be much easier if it could be done on the mobile app - maybe in the future.

Bucs300
09-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Yea definitely. It's a pain especially if you're switching parks. If you spend the morning and afternoon in one park, then decide you want to go hang out at the hotel and maybe take a swim before you go to a second park that night you can't book any fastpasses for that night until you arrive at the second park that night. By the time you get to the park around let's say 5 after you just spent 3 hours or so at the hotel most of the fastpasses might be gone for the night. It's definitely an inconvenience.

PopPhan
09-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Yea definitely. It's a pain especially if you're switching parks. If you spend the morning and afternoon in one park, then decide you want to go hang out at the hotel and maybe take a swim before you go to a second park that night you can't book any fastpasses for that night until you arrive at the second park that night. By the time you get to the park around let's say 5 after you just spent 3 hours or so at the hotel most of the fastpasses might be gone for the night. It's definitely an inconvenience.

How is that any different that the original FastPass system? You know, the one where you had to physically put your KTTW card/park ticket into a machine at the actual attraction to get a FastPass ticket out?

I understand what you are saying, but the new system is actually better than the original in that once you are in the "new" park, you can get a FastPass+ reservation for ANY of the available attractions at that park from one kiosk, rather than running from attraction to attraction to see if any are still available.

DizneyRox
09-02-2014, 03:50 PM
I don't see them allowing 4th+ on the app any time soon at least not to the general public.

The problem is location... Location, location, location...

They can't validate that you are actually inside the park grounds reliably. Location can be spoofed pretty easily, I used to do it just to get attraction wait times when it was required. Imagine all the people taking fastpasses that weren't anywhere near the park.

You would think that it shouldn't be a big deal, but don't underestimate the power of the Internet.

Until they can reliably tie your FP+ with some kind of guarantee that you are in the area I don't think it's going to happen. They COULD tie it to an account with a hotel reservation tied to it, but then it's not public, it's an on-site perk. Which wouldn't be so bad, provided they make sure someone checked into that reservation.

Bucs300
09-02-2014, 04:12 PM
How is that any different that the original FastPass system? You know, the one where you had to physically put your KTTW card/park ticket into a machine at the actual attraction to get a FastPass ticket out?

I understand what you are saying, but the new system is actually better than the original in that once you are in the "new" park, you can get a FastPass+ reservation for ANY of the available attractions at that park from one kiosk, rather than running from attraction to attraction to see if any are still available.

You're 100% correct on this. I found myself thinking to myself this weekend how ****** this new system was that I couldn't get fastpasses from a different park until I got there, then it dawned on me that it's no different then the old system where you had to actually walk to the machine to get a fastpass LOL.

You also get to choose what time your fastpass is for now where as before you were just given a time and had to make that time work. So you're right, there's definitely a lot of ups to the new FP+ system compared to the old one. :mickey:

Bucs300
09-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I don't see them allowing 4th+ on the app any time soon at least not to the general public.

The problem is location... Location, location, location...

They can't validate that you are actually inside the park grounds reliably. Location can be spoofed pretty easily, I used to do it just to get attraction wait times when it was required. Imagine all the people taking fastpasses that weren't anywhere near the park.

You would think that it shouldn't be a big deal, but don't underestimate the power of the Internet.

Until they can reliably tie your FP+ with some kind of guarantee that you are in the area I don't think it's going to happen. They COULD tie it to an account with a hotel reservation tied to it, but then it's not public, it's an on-site perk. Which wouldn't be so bad, provided they make sure someone checked into that reservation.

I get what you're saying but they can't tie your location in now with the original 3 fastpasses that you get. Me being a local and visiting every other weekend there's nothing to stop me from just getting fastpasses for my favorite rides every single weekend just in case I go, if I don't go not a big deal. Not that I do that but you get the point. I'm sure a lot of fastpasses are booked and never used, but then again I'm sure the same exact thing happened with the old system.

Just like with any new system that comes out this one still has some kinks to work out and some adjustments to make, but over time improvements will be made I'm sure.

Pat Ryan
09-02-2014, 09:48 PM
I like a lot of aspects of the new system... I think the negative that we're missing in regards to switching parks is that you're competing for fastpasses against everyone that wants one in the new park that don't have to be there (so if it's their only park of the day).

The other negative is that you don't get to feel like a hero when you're heading out and have some unused fastpasses to Soarin', Buzz Lightyear or some E ticket attraction and hand them out to someone just coming in!

I think the new system works great for the most part. If I were tweaking it I'd consider not allowing fast passes to be picked until the parks open on the day of.