PDA

View Full Version : Mine Train Review

ImagiAsh
09-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Hey everyone!

Vacationing in the World this week (8/31 - 9/5). Last night the MK had EMH until 2AM. This was my first time getting the opportunity to ride the Mine Train, so I thought I could provide a brief review for those curious:

We arrived in the MK quite late in the day (930PM) strictly for the purpose of partaking in EMH's. There were a surprising amount of people who stayed until 2AM... Perhaps more crowded than I've seen previous years. With that being said, most wait times were 20 minutes and under, EXCEPT Mine Train. I had been keeping my eye on the wait time for that ride all day (via the app) and it never moved from a 70min posting. We finally jumped online at 1AM and after about 40 minutes, we were ready to board the train. They were also adding another train to the track at that time.

My review: The queue was nice with fans constantly providing much needed circulation and air. The interactive elements along the queue were fun, but I noticed it was a source of delay as many people held up the line to play the games. Perhaps I was just a bit impatient at this late hour. :blush: Nevertheless, we boarded our train just around the 40 minute mark and had fun! I love the swaying element of each car. I've never experienced a coaster ride like that before. It was also incredibly smooth and (for the most part) incredibly silent. Great design! The animatronic technology was intriguing, but I feel I would have to ride a second time to fully take it all in. If you or someone you know is not necessarily a rollarcoaster person, I would still recommend this ride! It's a great beginner coaster and, I think, fun for the whole family. The only downside is I felt it was way too short. There were a few fun hills and some tight turns and then it was over. That was perhaps the biggest disappointment. That being said, I still loved it and recommend it! :mickey:

disneymom15
09-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the review, can't wait to ride it for myself.

chefmickey3
09-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Great review - excited to ride it during our next visit!

BrowncatP
09-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Too short of a ride seems to be the minus of the of the ride by almost everyone that has commented on it. I was surprised that there is nothing to look at while in the fast pass line. You just go in and on. The regular line is much more enjoyable to go through.

andypooh
09-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Too short of a ride seems to be the minus of the of the ride by almost everyone that has commented on it. I was surprised that there is nothing to look at while in the fast pass line. You just go in and on. The regular line is much more enjoyable to go through.

More enjoyable if you like long lines!!!
Seriously, we only did the ride with FP and never waited more than 10 minutes. Maybe one day I will check out the regular queue, but not until the lines get a lot shorter!

pcoleman
09-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Glad you enjoyed the ride. This is what I love about Disney they truly have something for everyone. We just got back and were able to snag fastpasses while there. As a roller-coaster enthusiast it was a disappointment for me and my family. Thought the dwarfs in the mine were appealing but the ride it self was just blah. DH who is 5'8 180lbs even thought the restraint bars were too tight. We are more of a RnR family. This will leave more space for those you love the mine ride.:mickey:

ransam
09-04-2014, 02:58 AM
WIll bigger people be as crunched up as Everest is?

yankeesfan123
09-04-2014, 06:38 AM
WIll bigger people be as crunched up as Everest is?

Moreso.

ransam
09-06-2014, 01:46 AM
Moreso.

THank you

NewmanFamily6
09-08-2014, 02:32 PM
All of the FPs were gone and we were never able to get one when we went in July. We waited in the severely long line. It really is too short after waiting in 70 minutes of line. It felt barely longer than the Barnstormer.

hauntedmansiongirl
09-10-2014, 02:08 AM
So glad to hear that it is smooth- my DH loves coasters and I barely tolerate them. This one sounds very doable though! Thanks for sharing your input! :mickey:

Scorpiosammy
09-10-2014, 11:19 PM
How severe would you say the swinging of the cars are during the ride and as you slow down to re-enter the station?

I love coasters and not having the chance to ride it until November I'm imagining it in my mind to be similar to "The Big Bad Wolf" in its swinging movements (though I know BBW was suspended and the mine train is not LoL). :thumbsup:

I can take some swinging a la BBW but not anything too crazy ;) As a side note, RnR is awesome and gives me no problems. I guess I don't want it randomly swinging heavily back & forth during the entire ride :blush:

Thanks for any help :mickey:

ImagiAsh
09-13-2014, 08:52 AM
How severe would you say the swinging of the cars are during the ride and as you slow down to re-enter the station?

Not severe at all. It just enhances an even smoother ride. It's not cause to become motion sick or anything. :mickey:

Scorpiosammy
09-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Thank you for the reassurance :thumbsup::mickey: