PDA

View Full Version : Can my 11-year old order off kids menus?

mommy2maddi
08-31-2014, 12:19 AM
I was looking at some menus from our favorite Disney dining places and see that most of the kids menus say for children ages 3-9. Does this mean that my 11-year old daughter cannot order off of it? She barely ever finishes a kids meal let alone an entire adult meal. I hope she doesn't have to order adult meals for our trip. If that's the case then perhaps the DDP is a good option. Otherwise I suppose she and I could share meals since I never finish and entire adult meal but is there a sharing charge at most restaurants? Thanks for any information. :mickey:

VWL Mom
08-31-2014, 06:36 AM
She can still order off the children's menu if you are paying OOP with the exception of buffets and such where she would be charged as an adult.

Sharing is also a good option but again wouldn't be allowed on buffets or all inclusive like 'Ohana. I've not heard/seen of an extra plate charge.

disneymom15
08-31-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm in my 50's and sometimes order off the kids menu. Have also shared meals with my husband or daughter. Have never been charged for sharing.

Arielfan98
08-31-2014, 02:07 PM
If you're not on the dining plan your kids can order off the kids menu at CS restaurants, but I do not think it would be allowed at TS restaurants. As for plate sharing fees, I have seen them at local restaurants and I'm sure the same would apply to WDW restaurants. I would recommend that you not do the DP and have your daughter order an appetizer as an entree, this way the portions will be smaller and if she would like to share, it is allowed for appetizers.

chefmickey3
08-31-2014, 09:14 PM
My kids have been allowed to order off of the children's menu at TS restaurants. Sharing is also fine. No worries.