PDA

View Full Version : Episode 67: Blow It Up For Me Again James!

John
08-30-2014, 02:00 PM
The Cast: Melanie Bounds, Christine Warner, Cindy Jachrimo, Gary O’Brien, Todd McCartney & John Yaglenski

- Back to School time!

- Robin Williams. His Life, his legacy, his Disney connection.

- The awkward transitions to our interview with Todd McCartney, The Horizons video restoration. Ecommerce in 1994. *Disney Rumors back in the day. RetroDisneyWorld.com website. *Movie nights! Converting and restoring video and film. *The Mickey Mouse Review! Mom threw away my park maps and tickets. Retro is a sliding scale. *The Wave machine in the Seven Season Lagoon. Backup, Backup, Backup

- Canada is kind of a big deal!

- Take It or Leave It! Special Events @ Resorts. Todd takes it. *Melanie loves the blowing up of the screen and is fascinated by it - otherwise leave it. Cindy says take it! *Christine absolutely takes it - so much to do. *Gary says take it as does John. *Final score ALL to Mel.

- Retro WDW Film Fest - totally need to do it!

- Eat at the Star Wars Cantina Bar… rumors for Disney’s Hollywood Studios. What’s possible, what would we like to see?

- Forsaken Epcot

- Frozen stuff. *John has actually seen the movie and LIKED IT!*

- Disney fan sites causing Frozen ride in Norway to happen… John has to laugh at that suggestion. *Just not the case. Pulse check, maybe but moving the needle on making something happen, Uh - No.

- Target twice in a day. *Whoa. *John has an unhealthy obsession with Target watches.

- 400 gallons of blue paint turned SeaBase Alpha into an abyss.

- The hidden sites on INTERCOT. *

- There needs to be a new master plan of Epcot, and complete rethinking of the park from top to bottom. *Cohesion is sorely lacking and the park is dying. Things are very disconnected.

- On Ride Videos - included in Memory Maker.

- Comic Book and Marvel updates

- Villains Event

>> Listen, Download, Share, Love and Tell Your Friends About Us! (http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2014/episode-67.asp)

Available on all major streaming platforms: iTunes, Android (via our app), Windows Phone Podcasts and right here on the site!

Fangorn
08-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Guys - totally awesome podcast. Loved it.

I, for one, love the 'squirrels'.

Keep up the excellent work.

Steve

Melanie
08-30-2014, 09:33 PM
Todd was a great guest. Totally enjoyed talking old school Epcot with him. Hope he can come aboard again!

Fangorn
08-30-2014, 11:03 PM
Todd was a great guest. Totally enjoyed talking old school Epcot with him. Hope he can come aboard again!

Indeed!

Steve

disneykidsince1970
08-31-2014, 09:34 AM
Best. Podcast. Ever.

1st - I was so stoked that we had a new one in less than a month! Thanks John!

2nd - "I got a shout-out...I got a shout-out...!"

3rd - TOTALLY love the "guest-star" concept - welcome Todd! Great idea! I loved listening to the convo about old-school Disney. I was at Disney ON Opening -Day!! (ok, I was 9 months old but still...). It makes me want to go back and look at our old videos - my dad was a big video/camera guy. I have to see what is collecting dust in the old boxes... RetroDisneyWorld.com - great website!

*yes, I have lived in Switzerland for the last 10 years (and used to live near Gary in STL!) and we are thinking about our return in the coming year. (and when I do, Nikki and I will meet Mel and Christine for the Bee Gee coverband in Epcot. I will boogie w/ Christine and Mel/Nikki can make fun of us. I am totally ok with that. )

I download the podcasts and listen to them while doing laundry, driving, working, traveling, etc. Since you asked... in the last month, your podcast has been listened to in Stockholm, Bucharest, Hamburg, Amsterdam. The furthest away that I have listened to it was probably Malaysia. Most odd location - probably Belarus. SO...THANK YOU!!! b/c while I love living in Europe...when I am listening to you guys, it is like a big ol' awesome American-style Disney HUG...and I LOVE it. :)

disneykidsince1970
09-01-2014, 03:18 AM
:mickey:listened to the podcast again while paying bills last night...

and on Take it or Leave it... TAKE IT!

I agree with the overall comment that it likely depends on where you are in your life (young kids/older kids/ NO kids/etc.)... Before kids, I wouldn't have bothered at all but now, my 9yo daughter loves the pool dancing / games and we really enjoyed our last night having pizza and watching A Goofy Movie.

I am hoping to squeeze in 1 overnight next month with the kids but we won't do the parks...we'll do smore's, Elec Water Pageant, the pool, maybe the movie, etc. Essentially, we'll just soak up the Disney...and appreciate the little things. :)

And... I wasn't sure what we were going to do exactly but the podcast chat was the perfect conversation for inspiration!! :mickey:

:mickey:Carolyn

PirateLover
09-03-2014, 08:36 AM
What a fun podcast! Todd was a great guest. I really enjoyed all the talk about video restoration and Retro Disney World.:thumbsup:

I say Take It for resort events. We've always done things like the Electric Water Pageant, and the more we go the more we find ourselves taking the time to go back and enjoy the resort a bit more instead of being at the parks opening to close. I'm sure once our new addition is in the mix we'll be hitting up those pool parties, too. ;) :babyroll:

We show movies in our backyard but sadly we do not have a blow up screen. We just hang a bed sheet on the back of the house. I kind of get what Mel is talking about though. A school I used to work at had a carnival each year which featured blow up slides and obstacle courses and the kids got such a kick out of watching them get blown up. It is kind of cool :D

Melanie
09-03-2014, 09:15 AM
We show movies in our backyard but sadly we do not have a blow up screen.

Target. ;)

BriarRose0708
09-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Loved the podcast and all the talk about "old school" EPCOT. My first visit was in 2007 so I have almost no context for most of the discussion, but found it fascinating nonetheless. My nana loved EPCOT and went to WDW regularly in the 80's and early 90's so it was cool to imagine all the fun she must have had back in the park's early days.

For resort activities, I can't vote because I haven't participated in any resort activity I can think of. I know they happen, but I mostly stay value and spend the bulk of my time at the resort sleeping. We do have a resort day planned during my trip next month (!) and I am sure the 7 and 9 year olds will want to participate in pool parties at the very least.

PirateLover
09-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Target. ;)
Ha, I think we need a new podcast sponsor. As cool as it would be to have one, the free bed sheet works perfectly well. :thumbsup:

mickeyman42
09-03-2014, 04:18 PM
So, I'm only as far as "take it or leave it" but I felt I had to vote "leave it." When I think about it I'd like to say take it, but in reality when we're there we never ever use or take part in the resort activities so I guess in practice its a leave it for us. we do spend time at the resort, just don't get involved with things, maybe someday.......

will comment about the other topics when I finish listening to the podcast, great so far.

dpamac
09-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Ha, I think we need a new podcast sponsor. As cool as it would be to have one, the free bed sheet works perfectly well. :thumbsup:

Did you get the sheet at Target?

PirateLover
09-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Did you get the sheet at Target?

You know what... I very well might have! I do shop there a lot. :secret:

AgentC
09-03-2014, 08:53 PM

It's addictive. I may have gone there every day this week. ;)

Melanie
09-03-2014, 09:13 PM

HAHAHA! Classic.

Buttercup
09-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Finally had a chance to listen to the podcast last night.

First of all... WOW! Mike is sooooo flattered that you guys were talking about him and his voice work. I think he is kind of a big deal too! :blush: No seriously though, he wanted to thank you guys for complimenting him so much! He would be happy to voice anything you need for the podcast. Just "call him up" and tell him what you want! :thumbsup:

As for Take It Or Leave It, I have to say "leave it". We don't purposely seek-out any of the activities at the resorts and take part. I don't go on vacation to sit around and watch movies because I can do that at home. Generally we are only ever at the resorts to go swimming, eat and sleep. Granted, my kids have occasionally done a few of the poolside games but we don't plan our days around the events happening at the hotels. So that's a leave it from us!

I thought having Todd on the program was sooo interesting. I have been following him on Twitter for a while -- actually I think I might have been the one to tag @Intercot in a tweet when I saw Todd asking about Horizons video footage. So I am going to claim ownership that I was the one to introduce you two on the twitters (whether I actually did or not! lol). :cool::cool::cool:

Anyway, great podcast as always. Looking forward to seeing y'all again in January for some marathon weekend fun!

Melanie
09-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Finally had a chance to listen to the podcast last night.

First of all... WOW! Mike is sooooo flattered that you guys were talking about him and his voice work. I think he is kind of a big deal too! :blush: No seriously though, he wanted to thank you guys for complimenting him so much! He would be happy to voice anything you need for the podcast. Just "call him up" and tell him what you want! :thumbsup:

As for Take It Or Leave It, I have to say "leave it". We don't purposely seek-out any of the activities at the resorts and take part. I don't go on vacation to sit around and watch movies because I can do that at home. Generally we are only ever at the resorts to go swimming, eat and sleep. Granted, my kids have occasionally done a few of the poolside games but we don't plan our days around the events happening at the hotels. So that's a leave it from us!

I thought having Todd on the program was sooo interesting. I have been following him on Twitter for a while -- actually I think I might have been the one to tag @Intercot in a tweet when I saw Todd asking about Horizons video footage. So I am going to claim ownership that I was the one to introduce you two on the twitters (whether I actually did or not! lol). :cool::cool::cool:

Anyway, great podcast as always. Looking forward to seeing y'all again in January for some marathon weekend fun!

Seriously? Mike is the bomb. You know it!

Look for Todd hanging with us again very soon. I for one, am looking forward to it.

RetroDisneyWorld.com
09-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Hey all,
Todd here from RetroDisneyWorld.com - thanks for all the positive comments! I loved joining in on the podcast a few weeks back and I'm looking forward to the next one. I've got sooooo many retro things to talk about and so many interesting films and observations. We'll see how much time John will give me.. He may have to shut me up!

For those on here that heard John discuss the Horizons film, I have done some initial restoration. You can see an early preview here:
https://vimeo.com/104851824
use password: intercot

Other than that, i've got 2, yes 2 different films of POV on board Swan Boats.. and much more!

And I've been getting some interesting questions and comments.. wow viewer (er, listener) mail!

Melanie - did you get your inflatable screen yet?

-todd

Melanie
09-15-2014, 05:29 AM
Melanie - did you get your inflatable screen yet?

Not yet! Christmas is coming up. ;)

The video looks great! Wish someone would get a World of Motion one to you.

Septbride2002
09-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Very Fun Podcast. I have been in a bit of a mourning period coming back from our trip so I got to listen to this one and the last one back to back.

The Retro Disney site is very cool. Especially to see some of the rides and sites that were gone by the time we travelled to Disney.

Take it or Leave it - I voted with Mel to leave it. It's nice that they are there but we just aren't into it. My daughter also gets freaked out being the center of attention so she won't do the pool activities where she thinks everyone is watching her. She is content to swim and do the slide. The movies we own at home and we have a projector at home as well so they are use to watching it on a big screen.

I enjoyed the Marvel talk and do not find it a snooze fest! More Marvel! More Marvel! Free Gary! More Marvel! Free Gary! Let Gary bask in the awesomeness that is the Marvel Universe! BTW - Gary I would love to hear your opinion on the Marvel shows that are now touring the country. (Disney on Ice for boys).

I always comment that when I walk into Target that I can hear the money being sucked out of my wallet. The other day I went there for 2 things - toothpaste and a gallon of milk. I ended up spending over $200.00. :eek:

Buttercup
09-17-2014, 11:27 AM
The video looks great! Wish someone would get a World of Motion one to you.
Melanie! My sister Jenn has the World Of Motion ride on Youtube with the most views! Our dad filmed it on his giant VHS video camera back in 1990...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUBxWlni1Dw

Melanie
09-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Melanie! My sister Jenn has the World Of Motion ride on Youtube with the most views! Our dad filmed it on his giant VHS video camera back in 1990...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUBxWlni1Dw

Get OUT, Carolyn. Thanks!!!! :thumbsup:

We talked about it last night taping the newest podcast (along with all the other old school Epcot Future World). WoM is to me like Horizons is to John. I loved it.

conan617
09-17-2014, 05:52 PM
Just listened to this one for the second time then I see on the Twitters that Todd is taping with crew for Episode 68. Great News! I felt Todd easily filled the grouch gap left by the absence of Ian.

Hopefully '68 will have a dueling banjos-ish grouch off between Todd and Ian.

I love the RetroDisney discussion mixed with new. What a cool update to the show. Not that there was anything wrong with the original version.

AgentC
09-17-2014, 07:52 PM
I enjoyed the Marvel talk and do not find it a snooze fest! More Marvel! More Marvel! Free Gary! More Marvel! Free Gary! Let Gary bask in the awesomeness that is the Marvel Universe! BTW - Gary I would love to hear your opinion on the Marvel shows that are now touring the country. (Disney on Ice for boys).

I enjoy the Marvel talk too. I am just into it enough to get it wrong so it is nice to listen to Gary talk about it. :)

Melanie
09-19-2014, 07:57 AM
Just listened to this one for the second time then I see on the Twitters that Todd is taping with crew for Episode 68. Great News! I felt Todd easily filled the grouch gap left by the absence of Ian.

Hopefully '68 will have a dueling banjos-ish grouch off between Todd and Ian.

:funny:

69 has both Todd and Ian. :thumbsup:

John
09-19-2014, 08:13 AM
We actually have episodes 68 and 69 recorded. I'm a little behind the 8 ball right now. I'll be editing Monday and hope to get the first one on line then.

Good news is the next one will follow rapidly after that.

Ian
09-21-2014, 10:18 PM
I felt Todd easily filled the grouch gap left by the absence of Ian.

Hopefully '68 will have a dueling banjos-ish grouch off between Todd and Ian.:rotfl:

GMRO
11-12-2014, 07:41 PM
With riding season at an end in PA the HD's are parked for the season...so catching up, AND wow what a great PC!

KEWL to hear about Todd's company and Disney passion too. AS said by others hope he gets a few more guest invites on the PC's. From my television background/job I really dig and appreciate his work. Can't wait to see some of JY's footage from Horizons too. My first visit was in 2000 as an adult so never saw or rode it but really enjoyed ALL the talk on this episode.

THANKS EVERYONE for the great info and entertainment! :thumbsup:

We don't participate in the resort movies...so leave it. I know it's free but my time is not. Seen many watch them at CBR on the "MEL-Screen" but we just keep walking. Plenty of time to watch movies in PA during the winter months. ;)

btw - Keep up the great insta's and tweets too, love'em.

RetroDisneyWorld.com
11-14-2014, 09:46 AM
With riding season at an end in PA the HD's are parked for the season...so catching up, AND wow what a great PC!

KEWL to hear about Todd's company and Disney passion too. AS said by others hope he gets a few more guest invites on the PC's. From my television background/job I really dig and appreciate his work. Can't wait to see some of JY's footage from Horizons too. My first visit was in 2000 as an adult so never saw or rode it but really enjoyed ALL the talk on this episode.

THANKS EVERYONE for the great info and entertainment! :thumbsup:

We don't participate in the resort movies...so leave it. I know it's free but my time is not. Seen many watch them at CBR on the "MEL-Screen" but we just keep walking. Plenty of time to watch movies in PA during the winter months. ;)

btw - Keep up the great insta's and tweets too, love'em.

John has invited me back again as a guest in a future episode.. so you can look forward to that. I also started a retro podcast dedicated to retro disney world, the film restorations and more. You can find it on itunes and on our website.

Thanks!
Todd

GMRO
11-14-2014, 09:53 AM
I'll have to send my iPhone to get your PC's Todd. Sounds very KEWL!

You can never have too much WDW INFO!!! ;) Can't wait to listen in to the Retro Stuff too.

Just got thru PC 68 another good one. But I'll chime in on that thread about it.

GMRO
11-14-2014, 06:29 PM
JY,

No so what have we learned?

Nothing to learn?