PDA

View Full Version : Just got back... my observations

Pat Ryan
08-29-2014, 12:26 PM
We went to 4 parks in 4 days, haven't been for 3 years (kids now 17 and 15). Here are the changes that I saw (and can remember).

(not sure if this is a trip report)

- FP+ system is pretty good. Used the 3 passes every day (usually in the AM). Never tried to get an extra FP at night at another park because they were usually out of them at the attractions we wanted to go on.
- Stitch's Great Escape changed the smell of the chili dog burp. None of us wanted to go on it because the old smell really sticks with you. It's not as bad now... I made everyone go on it mostly to recall my love of Alien Encounter.
- A lot of the attractions look great now, some seemed a little worn the last time we were there. TTA looks great after refurb and a lot of riders. HM was nice too.
- IncrediblesSuperDanceParty (MK, Tomorrowland) was a fun event along with the Frozen event (DHS). Frozen fireworks (ending soon) were great too!.
- One of my 17 year old daughter's favorite attractions was Captain EO (of all things). Worth seeing again.
- Toy Story Mania and Seven Dwarves Mine Train always had very long lines (even though it wasn't crazy busy) and few to no FPs available. We couldn't even get TSM fast passes a day in advance of going to DHS.
- Went on Spaceship Earth, never received our videos emailed! Disappointed. 100% sure the email address was correct and checked junk folders (sent to gmail).
- lots of construction at AK and MK. AK much worse, sad to have Bug's Life closed. Didn't get fired up about many other attractions there.
- Kilimanjaro Safari changed... don't stop the poachers anymore?

All in all a fun time, was there for 4 days. Saw all 4 fireworks show. Got on almost every attraction we wanted, saw lots of shows. Parks look pretty good!

I just want to remark about how much money you save bringing teens (they weren't interested in all the little souvenir items!)

Pat Ryan
08-29-2014, 02:43 PM
The new smell still says "chili dog" but doesn't make you want to gag!

Main Street Jim
08-29-2014, 04:47 PM
Officially dropped as of last year. Don't think anyone was paying attention to the poachers plot anyway, and it was starting to be a distraction.I thought it was way back longer than that - 2008ish-9ish, maybe?

Mickey'sGirl
08-29-2014, 05:08 PM
Great post! We also loved the Incredibles Dance Party. It was always rocking!! FP+ was good for us as well!!

gerald72
08-30-2014, 01:52 AM
I thought it was way back longer than that - 2008ish-9ish, maybe?

Fall of 2012

ransam
08-30-2014, 03:18 AM
sounds like a great trip. thanks for reporting

Pat Ryan
08-30-2014, 09:04 AM
One additional treat was that we were at the MK one night and came back again the next morning and there were a ton of fall decorations put up overnight!

mcjaco
09-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Teens make up in the eating costs for the lack of a need for souvenirs!

CaptSmee
09-03-2014, 10:17 PM
I don't know if you will or not, but I've had my epcot emailed videos show up weeks later sometimes.