PDA

View Full Version : WL Construction pics

ajwgroomer
08-28-2014, 03:50 PM
We will be at the Wilderness Lodge September 27- October 3rd. I know they're doing work on the main pool but I was seeing if anyone had any pictures. I've been hearing it's looking pretty bad there & just wanted to see so I know what to expect:)
Also I know they're giving out free tickets for one day at a water park for the people who are staying at the Polynesian but I haven't seen/heard of them doing the same for the people staying at the WL. Anyone heard anything about it?
Thanks!

buzznwoodysmom
08-28-2014, 05:43 PM
I haven't seen any pictures, but last I heard they were allowing guests to use the pools at Contemporary and Fort Wilderness, and of course the quiet pool over by the villas at WL is also available. As far a I know WL guests are not getting the same water park ticket deal that Poly guests are getting.

mydisneygirls
08-28-2014, 08:27 PM
I am here now and there is no construction going on yet. BUT the Poly is a mess. If anyone is thinking of staying there, I would think twice about it. In my opinion, they should bee offering very steep discounts to stay there.

ajwgroomer
08-28-2014, 10:20 PM
Ya I really wanted to stay at Poly but when we were there in July it was a mess! We just went and ate breakfast but I said the same thing, that they'd have to discount the heck outta the rooms if I was going to stay there. I don't think that's very fair they're not giving the free day ticket to a water park for the WL guests but I do understand the Poly is a lot worse off then the WL.
No construction yet? Hope they hold off till after we go! lol

VWL Mom
08-29-2014, 08:02 AM
I don't think that's very fair they're not giving the free day ticket to a water park for the WL guests but I do understand the Poly is a lot worse off then the WL.

Keep in mind, Poly guests are getting a one day ticket and that's it, no pool hopping for them. IMO you're better off being able to use the a pool each day especially if traveling with little ones. If the Villa pool looks too crowded, the boat ride over to CR pool is quick and convenient.

waymickey
08-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Do all the pools have fences around them now that prevent pool hopping? I have never been asked for my id except at Beach Club.

VWL Mom
08-29-2014, 10:05 AM
Do all the pools have fences around them now that prevent pool hopping? I have never been asked for my id except at Beach Club.

Right now they do not but the rule is no pool hopping with the exception of DVC members with certain blackouts. If the pool gets too crowded they will check ID's. I've heard rumblings that both the Poly and WL redo will be including a fence but who knows.

mydisneygirls
08-30-2014, 08:08 AM
There are no fences yet at WL but they are closing the pool in a few days. I did notice that they now have a sign up that states only guests at WL may use the pool. Also the pool closes at 11pm which I've never seen before.