PDA

View Full Version : Two new experiences - August 2014

Mickey'sGirl
08-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Two new experiences August 2014

Now that our kids are older (16 and 10), DH and I feel comfortable planning things that do not include them when we are on holiday. We did two such things this August.

1.We met friends for drinks and conversation at the Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Towers.

We are DVC members and so are our friends, and though neither of us were staying at BLT, it was not an issue getting access, or getting a table at 7ish on a Wednesday night.

DH and I only had beverages, but our friends ordered some light food, which they seemed to enjoy. The topper was when the lights dimmed, and we all went out onto the adjacent balcony to watch Wishes. It was fabulous!

We will definitely make use of the Top of the World Lounge again in the future, and take our kids with us (just not for a marathon evening). It was a fabulous way to spend an evening with friends.

2.Epcot After Hours – Rose and Crown

We love Epcot, and have DVC at the BoardWalk because of it. When the After Hours was offered, we decided we would like to take advantage of it. We settled on the Rose and Crown because we walk by it on our way home out of the park.

This event takes place inside of the Pub, which we were not expecting (we thought it would be out by the water), and each group was seated at their own individual table. It was not very conducive to interacting and getting a bit festive.

First, we were brought two sample glasses; one of Guinness and the other of Bass Ale. It was my first time having the Guinness and I really enjoyed it! The people at the next table gave Brian their Guinness, which he happily took from them. Second the food sampler plates were delivered. There was a Scotch Egg, some cheese and pickle and a sausage roll. All very typical, traditional English fare, and it was quite tasty. Lastly, the final two samples were brought, Harp and Strongbow. I am familiar with both of these, and we enjoyed them too!

I understand this event is Thursday to Sunday only, and capped at 50 attendees. There may have been 12 or 14 on the evening we attended. It was enjoyable, but not quite what we were expecting, and we do not feel it was worth $35 each plus tip.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Thanks for sharing