PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Rookie

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
08-28-2014, 02:01 PM
We are using the dining plan for the first time. It is also our first time using MDE, so please bear with me if this is a stupid question! Is there a way to see if there is any availability at a certain restaurant during our length of stay? All I have come up with so far is plugging in a date and then changing the time...

Capt_redshirt
08-28-2014, 02:28 PM
We are using the dining plan for the first time. It is also our first time using MDE, so please bear with me if this is a stupid question! Is there a way to see if there is any availability at a certain restaurant during our length of stay? All I have come up with so far is plugging in a date and then changing the time...

This isnt a stupid question at all

Thats about the only way you can do it through MDE. my recommendation would be talk to the concierge on the day you arrive and see if they can work some magic for the restaurant in question.

CleveSJM
08-28-2014, 03:01 PM
I actually would not recommend waiting until the day you arrive. Plug in dates and times and find what you want and book it. Reservations may be gone if you wait.

dnickels
08-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Call. Seriously, the 'old fashioned' way of calling Disney on the phone and working with someone in reservations is going to be much quicker than having to search every 15 minute or half hour increment one search at a time.

purplestarlisa
08-29-2014, 02:16 PM
This is a great question! In MDE, you can actually search for all restaurants available on a certain day for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. So, instead of entering 5:00 - you can search for dinner and it looks for a larger span of time. This may make it a little bit easier. Good luck!

MargaretMessler
08-29-2014, 02:27 PM
This is a great question! In MDE, you can actually search for all restaurants available on a certain day for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. So, instead of entering 5:00 - you can search for dinner and it looks for a larger span of time. This may make it a little bit easier. Good luck!

A note about using the meal rather than the time in your search, it will not show early dinner times, for instance 4-430. Whereas if you were to enter 5pm as your search you would get everything available from 4 until 6.

Janmac
08-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Call. Seriously, the 'old fashioned' way of calling Disney on the phone and working with someone in reservations is going to be much quicker than having to search every 15 minute or half hour increment one search at a time.

This is what I do. We like our table service meals at WDW and chatting with a CM while making ADRs is a tradition. Part of the pre-trip fun. Rarely happens, but a couple of times I've had a less than magical CM. I make some excuse and call back. The magical CMs are such fun.

Jan