PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie and me! Dining delights

Katzateer
08-26-2014, 07:56 AM
I did not get to some of my favorite dining choices during our week at WDW. The heat was a big factor. I love the sweets ( cupcakes, chocolate, the more icing the better:cloud9:) but I did not indulge in many of them this trip.

We got dole whip twice and popcorn once. I didn't drink much of anything other than water- lots and lots of water. I only got tea once and didn't drink coffee except one morning a Konas. We got the pressed pot. I asked for a cup of ice when paying and put the rest of the coffee over the ice and added some cream, that was the BEST iced coffee!!:thumbsup:

Some of our favorites this trip-

We enjoyed Garden Grill at Epcot - it is very relaxing, cool and it was rotating. Plenty to eat- I enjoyed the turkey and vegetables.

Le Cellier- the staff was all very friendly and we enjoyed our meal here also. In the past I have encountered very rude employees and stopped going. It has been 4+ years so thought we would try again. We started with a cheese sampler. Five kinds of cheese with fruit, nuts, honeycomb. We liked it all but the blue cheese. My favorite was a white cheddar. We split a steak ( I think it was a ribeye). And got the twice baked potatoes. The potato dish was a very rich mashed potato with lots of cheese and bacon and scallions. Very good! We got broccoli for the vegetable. It was all great but for the price I like Narcossee's steak better.

Katzateer
08-26-2014, 08:09 AM
Kona's- we ended up there 3 meals- our breakfast was wonderful as always. Tonga toast made my morning! For a lunch I got the Teriaki steak which I love!! And for the dinner we split the coffee-rubbed pork chop which was good and got the wontons. Next time I will go back to the sticky wings. Seems like all the other tables around us ordered them and I was wishing I had ( the wontons were ok).

The Commissary at the Studios. Ate there twice- the kids chicken nuggets, and the seafood platter were very good.

SciFi- love eating there at night! I got the burger, onion rings and chocolate milkshake!:cloud9:

Prime Time- split the sampler. very good - the chicken and pot roast are soooo good, the meatloaf isn't my favorite

POP foodcourt- the food was good and enjoyed the cheesecake.

I got some dark chocolate caramels from Germany and brought them home.

Can't wait to return in December and indulge my sweet tooth and go to some of our favorites we missed ths trip.

faline
08-26-2014, 08:15 AM
Making me hungry!!

Mickey'sGirl
08-26-2014, 08:57 AM
You hit some great spots!

My new favourite snack is the caramel apple (plain) from Karamelle-Kuche. It made a fantastic lunch!

We also love Sci-Fi -- We have always had great service, and we really enjoy the cheesy movies!

BriarRose0708
08-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Happy you had some good experiences! But how was your Be Our Guest lunch?? I remember you were so happy to get your FP+ invite, I hope it met your expectations. Let us know!:mickey:

SBETigg
08-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Going in the summer does change the way you do Disney, especially with dining. Sounds like you had some good meals, though.

Garden Grill- I had heard it stopped rotating, so I'm glad to hear that it was rotating. I've never eaten there, but the rotating seems to be part of the appeal.

Le Cellier- I just heard that they no longer serve the mushroom filet. Now it's spinach bacon, but even more delicious from the report I read. I haven't been back to Le Cellier to see for myself. It's not one of my favorites. Though the spinach and bacon might lure me back- it looked phenomenal.

VacationDisney
08-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Now I am getting hungry just reading the report:blush:

yjgirl32
08-26-2014, 02:29 PM
I am with the others- very hungry. Thanks goodness I arrive on Friday. Thanks for sharing.

Katzateer
08-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Happy you had some good experiences! But how was your Be Our Guest lunch?? I remember you were so happy to get your FP+ invite, I hope it met your expectations. Let us know!:mickey:

BOG was great! That was my third time for lunch. We went our first day. Got right in after checking in. Thank goodness because it was boiling hot!! No one was waiting on the bridge at noon so they must have handed all the tickets out for walk up parties.

We got in quickly and just split one of the roast beef sandwiches which I enjoyed. Stephanie said the bread was too hard from being toasted but ate most of it. My original order was the French onion soup and " the grey stuff". But changed our order since we weren't that hungry since it was soooo hot.

Hopefully, one day I will get dinner reservations.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2014, 01:42 PM
sounds delish

BriarRose0708
08-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Sounds so yummy! I am looking forward to doing a "cupcake sampler" there, aka just ordering all the cupcakes, some milk, coffee, and going to desserttown!