PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Refurb

purplestarlisa
08-25-2014, 07:21 PM
So, guess what my favorite attraction is! And guess when I am going to WDW! From your experience, are attractions generally closed for the entire period of time announced by Disney? Or is there a chance it may re-open early?

Capt_redshirt
08-25-2014, 11:01 PM
Maybe a day or 2 early. but they are fairly accurate on their schedules tho

ransam
08-26-2014, 03:02 AM
I know how you feel. Last time we went the rock and roll rollercoaster was down, and that's a ride I really wanted to go on.

wellsm
08-26-2014, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't count on them opening up more than a day or two early.

I usually get to attend a conference held in Anaheim in January. They have conference Twilight tickets, good for 4pm till close. I try to go two days - one to DL and one for DCA.

HM is one of my favorites, too.

Well, HM at DL is completely rethemed over Christmas to "The Nightmare Before Christmas." They also close HM for a few weeks before and after, to put up and take down the retheming.

So, in the past I've encountered:

HM being closed during my entire trip
HM themed as TNBC, right before they closed
HM themed as normal, two days before the scheduled end of refurb.

When I did catch HM during the refub time, it was still listed as closed, so your best bet is to drop by and see. The good news is that if it is open the line will likely be short.

Good luck!

epceddie
09-01-2014, 01:22 PM
When is the HM scheduled for this rehab you're talking about?

Capt_redshirt
09-01-2014, 04:53 PM
When is the HM scheduled for this rehab you're talking about?

12/1/14 to 12/19/14

epceddie
09-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Thank you. We're safe for our November trip. It wouldn't be Disney without the Haunted Mansion. My consolation to the people going in early December.

Susan A
09-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Last October, the railroad in the MK was closed during part of our trip. The day before it was scheduled to reopen, we heard the train running. However, there were no passengers; it was a test run.

emerzmom
09-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Love Haunted Mansion! I hope they surprise you and it opens up early for you! Think Pixie Dust!
:tink:
Julie