PDA

View Full Version : AKL One Bedroom Villa

DisneyMom3
08-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Hi All,

We are finally going back!! It's been a while since we've visited WDW (the right way) and it's been even longer since I've posted here on the Intercot board.

For the first time, we are staying at the AKL Villas in a one bedroom. The last time we stayed at the AKL it was like 2004 and we crammed ourselves into a regular bunk savannah view.

I'm traveling this time with my three teenage boys. My husband will be traveling abroad :-(

Are the one bedroom villas worth the extra money?
Is there a particular savannah view location we should request?
Any rooms we should stay clear of?
How are the amenities now at AKL?
How is the transportation to and from the parks?
Which restaurants do you recommend?
What else can you tell me?

Thank you in advance for all your help. I'm really very excited.:mickey:

AgentC
08-25-2014, 10:54 AM
I love the one bedrooms at AKL. We stayed on one at Kidani a few years ago. They are very spacious. For me having the washer/dryer, kitchen and two bathrooms are definitely worth the money.

We usually take our car so can't talk about the transportation but the amenities are great. Between Kidani and Jambo , you have two great pools, two health clubs, a water play area that is fun even if you are an adult at Kidani :), several special programs and of course the animals.

I really enjoyed eating at Sanaa at Kidani. It's calmer than Boma.

I think you will have a great trip at AKL. Enjoy!

Kairi_7378
08-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Very interested in the responses that you receive to your questions regarding space- we are in the early stages of planning a "big" trip to WDW and AKL is near the top of the resort list.

As far as restaurants, Sanaa is wonderful. Jiko is on our dining bucket list.

faline
08-25-2014, 03:52 PM
Keep in mind that the one bedroom units at Jambo House do not have the extra bathroom.