PDA

View Full Version : AM or PM FPs

EeyoresBestFriend
08-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Still trying to wrap my head around the first crack at this FP stuff. :confused:

We are going with a group of 11 in March 2015. Would you book AM or PM FP? What would you folks that have been through this recommend?

Would love any thoughts.

dobby2010
08-23-2014, 04:24 PM
I book our fast passes around our dining reservations. If we have a breakfast ADR than I get am fast passes and pm fast passes on the days we have dinner adrs. This way we have a little flexibility with our park hoppers to go to whichever park we want the other half of the day.

Though if you book am fastpasses there is a better chance of getting more fast passes via the kiosks in the afternoon.

Janmac
08-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Haven't booked fp+s yet but like previous poster said, dining reservations come first.

Before I book dining I find out what the Extra Magic Hours are each day for each park, and then book dining accordingly.

Jan

yankeesfan123
08-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Haven't booked fp+s yet but like previous poster said, dining reservations come first.

Before I book dining I find out what the Extra Magic Hours are each day for each park, and then book dining accordingly.

Jan

don't forget that EMH and park hours in general are subject to change.

Many, many of us plan our days around park hours and EMH (one way or another; either attending or avoiding) and it's always annoying when Disney changes the hours. But, they do.

To answer your question, I made my FP around my ADRs, too, because I knew exactly which park I was going to be in and exactly what time I was going to be there.

However, if I did not have an ADR, I'd likely make my FP from 11-4ish. No need for FP first thing in the morning.

Then again, if I were an afternoon-break-at-the-hotel-pool person, I'd tour the morning without FP, pool in afternoon, then FP after dinner.

But, it's all personal preference.

EeyoresBestFriend
08-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Hmmm . . . thanks. Never thought about the ADR aspect.

Really appreciate the insight :mickey:

Gator
08-25-2014, 06:12 PM
This is exactly why..... I'm going to DL for the next year or so. It's quite enough picking which park you'll be at 6 months in advance so you can reserve dining accordingly. But now I have to wonder should I do morning FPs so I can get more for the afternoon and evening, or should I..... I.....I'm getting a headache. Reading posts like this reminds me that I made a good choice to stay west coast, AND that FP+ really :ack:.

yankeesfan123
08-25-2014, 09:43 PM
This is exactly why..... I'm going to DL for the next year or so. It's quite enough picking which park you'll be at 6 months in advance so you can reserve dining accordingly. But now I have to wonder should I do morning FPs so I can get more for the afternoon and evening, or should I..... I.....I'm getting a headache. Reading posts like this reminds me that I made a good choice to stay west coast, AND that FP+ really :ack:.

Thanks!

ransam
08-26-2014, 01:12 PM
if you have your dining plans made on my dining experience, don't they offer you FP that will coincide w/ the dining reservations? I thought they did on my last trip, but maybe It was just lucky.