PDA

View Full Version : Best Resort Lunch?

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-23-2014, 09:49 AM
Hi All!

DD and I had a change of plans today, and are looking for a good place for lunch. We don't have park tickets, so a resort place (CS or not-too-expensive TS) is a must.

What are your favourites?

disneymom15
08-23-2014, 11:01 AM
The Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary is very good. Mahi sandwich is one of my favorites. They also serve homemade potato chips, another fav of mine. They also have very good salads, flat breads, burgers etc.

SBETigg
08-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe! It's usually quiet and lovely, with good food and service, and easy to get into. But if you wanted a quick service, I would try Captain Cook's, just reopened.

Niecyboo
08-23-2014, 01:03 PM
I love Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They have some unusual options (and Zebra Domes) and a great setting. It's also fun to hang around and watch the animals.

Janmac
08-23-2014, 06:41 PM
We had a lovely late lunch/snack outside at Riverside Grill and Brew Pub (or whatever it's called) at the Boardwalk.

Our plan was to get the beer flight and some appetizers. Boy howdy! Appetizers were huge. No, make that H U G E ! :D

Beers were fun and interesting and appetizers were yummy.

Weather permitting, we want to go back on our next trip, in January.

Btw, we had my 8 year old grandniece with us and she liked her food and the restaurant, as well. I forget what she drank but it wasn't the beer flight.

Jan

ransam
08-24-2014, 03:26 AM
At DTD Café Puck is really good.

Anthony007
08-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Grand Floridian Cafe.....have the Grand Sandwich!

Kona Cafe is a really nice lunch as well.

SBETigg
08-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Wondering where you ended up? Living vicariously.

RBrooksC
08-28-2014, 09:36 AM
Whispering Canyon Cafe is a nice play to go for lunch and it can fill you up, if you get the skillet so you don't need to eat dinner.

#1donaldfan
08-28-2014, 12:16 PM
If you're near the FQ, eat their food court. The sandwiches there are incredible. I love the shrimp poboy.......:mickey:

steamboat willy
08-28-2014, 12:50 PM
We really like The Pepper Market at Coronado Springs. Such a variety of selections here.
Not a Resort, but we also enjoy going to Downtown DISNEY and eating at Wolfgang Puck Express. Two of the best Counter Services on Property.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-28-2014, 04:34 PM
Thanks everyone for the GREAT ideas! We did our first trip over to Wolfgang Puck Express and it was SUPER yummy ... a new favourite I think.

I've tucked away the other suggestions though ... they will come in very handy over the next couple of days. :)

JabberJaws
09-03-2014, 12:59 PM
I know you've already had your lunch so I'm a little late to this thread, but Kona Cafe is my favorite lunch spot. Typically on our MK I will make a reservation for lunch there instead of eating in the parks. Doesn't cost much more than quick service in the parks and food is WAY better, plus it is a nice escape during the busiest part of the day.