PDA

View Full Version : First timers at Food and Wine

scooterca42
08-22-2014, 09:27 PM
So, how big are the portions? What is the ballpark cost per serving?

And if we were doing it for lunch, given we eat moderately, how many places could we hit?:marg:

I know, pretty general questions! Just looking for a general idea.

Capt_redshirt
08-23-2014, 01:42 AM
depends on the item but think 1 portion of an appetizer. tho some items are bigger (the brat in germany was very good sized). can 2 people share one item absolutely.

Most food items are somewhere between 4 and 6 dollars (or 1 snack point on the dining plan).

I did a snacking around the world last year as my lunch and i want to say i hit about 8 places. but then again im Pooh bear sized.

SBETigg
08-23-2014, 12:33 PM
Expect to pay around $4 -$8 for food samples. I'm full after trying things at three to four booths, but more if I'm sharing. Portions are mostly small, just a few bites, but some are bigger than others.

Drink portions are often very small for what you're paying, especially when it comes to wine, and unless you really want to try new things, it is a better bargain to buy full size drinks at the regular WS venues or bring your own bottled water. Though it is fun to sample new things. I think the beer portions tend to be more reasonable if you're a beer drinker compared to the mixed cocktails/wine.

steamboat willy
08-24-2014, 12:08 PM
The serving try can be held in one hand allowing you to dig in with the other if your standing. DW and I usually shared each sample unless I got something fishy. Hummmm. As PP have said on pricing, expect $3.00 up to $8.00. Any for one Snack Credit, even the $8.00 ones.
We will be there on the F & W first week with our Snack Credits ready! Ready for me some Black Beans and Pork Belly and a Lobster Roll!:eat: