PDA

View Full Version : Paper tickets

sainter
08-22-2014, 12:51 PM
If you buy paper tickets from a vendor such as The Official Ticket Center, does that mean you MUST buy the bands when you get to the park? Or if you show up at the park & purchase say a 2 day ticket, are you required to also buy the bands at that time?
I understand how it works when you have a resort reservation & get the bands in the mail etc....
Thanks!!

faline
08-22-2014, 01:02 PM
You are not required to buy the bands. If you have exiting bands from a prior stay at a Disney Resort, you can link your new tickets to that band.

yankeesfan123
08-22-2014, 02:35 PM
If you buy paper tickets from a vendor such as The Official Ticket Center, does that mean you MUST buy the bands when you get to the park? Or if you show up at the park & purchase say a 2 day ticket, are you required to also buy the bands at that time?
I understand how it works when you have a resort reservation & get the bands in the mail etc....
Thanks!!

The physical tickets are RFID enabled too. No need for a MB.

sainter
08-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Thanks!

texas211
08-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Thank goodness. Our Feb trip, had to have a MB. For our Food/Wine festival trip coming up, excited we get to use the paper tickets. The MB's are too small for my wrist. That is the only good thing I can say about DL, no FP+ (yet).

yankeesfan123
08-23-2014, 04:01 PM
Thank goodness. Our Feb trip, had to have a MB. For our Food/Wine festival trip coming up, excited we get to use the paper tickets. The MB's are too small for my wrist. That is the only good thing I can say about DL, no FP+ (yet).

I don't think any tickets are "paper" anymore.

I believe they are all plastic with RFID tech.

I purchased from direct from disney and OTC in January, and both were plastic, RFID enabled tickets.

Yes, they push the MB on you, but the cards work just as well.

On my trip 3 weeks ago, my wife decided not to wear her MB one day due to possible tan line issues, so we brought her card instead (which was also linked to MDE) and the card worked exactly as the MB did.

In fact, the majority of off property guests only have the card unless they decide to buy a MB.

yankeesfan123
08-23-2014, 04:04 PM

And one more thing to add:

FP+ and MB are not one in the same

DL could ever easily decide to go with MB tech but not include the FP+ feature.

In fact, that is my prediction.

Very few people have actual complaints about the MB or what it can do. It's a wearable KTTW. The only real, loud, noticeable complaint is FP+.

texas211
08-23-2014, 04:35 PM
And one more thing to add:

FP+ and MB are not one in the same

DL could ever easily decide to go with MB tech but not include the FP+ feature.

In fact, that is my prediction.

Very few people have actual complaints about the MB or what it can do. It's a wearable KTTW. The only real, loud, noticeable complaint is FP+.

Correct Yank, they are the plastic cards (at WDW). DL still uses paper.

I realize they are separate technologies/implementations. But doesn't matter, as I hate both the FP+ system, and the MBs. SO much so, instead of multiple trips to WDW a year, it'll be maybe 1 every other likely.. We do enjoy the Food/Wine Festival, but truly hate the FP/MB junk. At least I can still go to Hawaii and not mess w/ that stuff.