PDA

View Full Version : Weather/parking/fireworks

Themedinaclan
08-20-2014, 12:53 PM
We're going to Disney world/Florida the second week of October, what's the weather like during that time of year?

Is the parking pretty far from the parks? Is there shuttle service from the Parking lot? And is there preferred parking that's closer to the entrance?

And finally, are there fireworks every night? Are they at every park?

Thanks again! :mickey:

cer
08-20-2014, 01:36 PM
We're going to Disney world/Florida the second week of October, what's the weather like during that time of year?

Is the parking pretty far from the parks? Is there shuttle service from the Parking lot? And is there preferred parking that's closer to the entrance?

And finally, are there fireworks every night? Are they at every park?

Thanks again! :mickey:

There are fireworks every night at Magic Kingdom and Epcot. At Hollywood Studios, there is a night-time show, Fantasmic, instead of fireworks - ALTHOUGH they are I think doing a 'Frozen' fireworks thing at the Studios, but I just do not know if it is every night. Animal Kingdom is scheduled to get a night-time show, but I am not sure when.

Are you staying on property at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel? When we go, we fly, stay on property and use the Disney Magical Express to get from the airport to our resort. Then we use Disney Transportation to get around to all the parks, etc.

That being said, I have never parked a car in all my trips to Disney...so I cannot speak to the parking situation.

Welcome to Intercot...you are going to love it here.

:rocks:

faline
08-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Will you be staying on site or off site and driving yourself to all the parks?

Magic Kingdom - to get to the Magic Kingdom from parking, you may need to use two forms of transportation. A tram in the parking lot that will bring you to the Transportation & Ticket Center. From there, you can elect to take the monorail or the ferry to the Magic Kingdom. If you are staying on site, you could use a bus, monorail, or boat depending on which resort you stay in.

Epcot - if parked a distance away, you can use a tram to get to the entrance of the parking lot. If staying on-site, you could use bus, monorail, boat, or foot power depending on which resort you start from.

Disney Studios - again there is a tram in the parking lot to bring you to the entrance plaza. If you are staying on-site, you could use bus or boat transportation depending on where you are staying.

Animal Kingdom - there are trams from the parking lot to the entrance plaza. If staying on-site, you would get to this park on a bus.

Magic Kingdom typically has fireworks every evening. Epcot has Illuminations every evening. Disney Studios has a special edition of fireworks that will be running through September 28th but I see you will be arriving after that. Otherwise, you should check the schedule for Fantasmic. There are no fireworks at Animal Kingdom.

mgmnut
08-20-2014, 02:03 PM
As far as weather, I think Oct is a pretty dry month for Florida, I think the summer is when they get the most rain. For Temps mid Oct you are probably looking at highs in the mid to low 80's and lows in the mid to high 60's, so pack for cool nights.

ransam
08-20-2014, 05:17 PM
The weather in the fall and winter can be very hard to project. It can be very warm and get down right cool. It can be dry but you can also get lots of rain. so just hope for the best, but prepare for the worse.

Pirate Granny
08-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Unless you are staying at a Disney resort, you have to pay for parking...save $$$ on car rental...use the free Disney bus service both to and from the airport...:thumbsup:

mgmnut
08-21-2014, 08:03 AM
As far as weather, I think Oct is a pretty dry month for Florida, I think the summer is when they get the most rain. For Temps mid Oct you are probably looking at highs in the mid to low 80's and lows in the mid to high 60's, so pack for cool nights.

Here is more specific info on Oct Weather.

Orlando / October

Average high temperature: 84.6 F, 29.2 C
Average low temperature: 65.8 F, 18.7 C
Average precipitation: 2.42 in
Average humidity (1pm): 56 percent
Record high (1986): 95 F
Record low (1989): 44 F

October is a very pleasant month both in temperature and in rainfall with the average precipitation of 2.42 inches. A sweater or light jacket may be needed if outdoors in the evening. Shorts and casual t-shirts are still common clothing worn throughout the day at the Central Florida attractions and the water parks are still very popular.