PDA

View Full Version : Official Details for Villains Unleashed at Hollywood Studios

Melanie
08-20-2014, 09:25 AM
From Disney Parks Blog:

More than 50 Disney villains are set to rule Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 23, as a part of the new Villains Unleashed event.

Villains Unleashed, which is a one-night event that requires a separate party ticket, will feature appearances by rare villains, meet-and-greet opportunities, an Oogie Boogie’s Freaky Funhouse Show, “Villainy in the Sky” Fireworks and much more.

The park will be buzzing with activity and fun that night. Here are some tips on how to make the most of it!

Parking – Guests arriving by car for Villains Unleashed should come through the Main Auto Plaza, the south entrance located off US-192 and World Drive. The satellite entrance (across from the Hess station) will be closed for this event.

Arrive Early – The party starts at 8 p.m., but guests with an event ticket can enter the park as early as 5 p.m.

Event Guide – Pick up an Event Guide for show times and details on which characters can be found in different areas.

Kick Off The Party At Hades Hangout – The fun begins at 8 p.m. at Hades Hangout as he summons the villains for the night’s festivities.

Meet Characters – Villains available for character greetings will have established queues with posted appearance times. There will be separate queues for each villain, so you can be sure of meeting the one you want.

Fantasmic! – Arrive early so you don’t miss the pre-show with the Night Crawlers (starts at 9:35 p.m.).

Oogie Boogie’s Freaky Funhouse Show – Four showings during the night at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30 and 11:30 p.m.

See Special Fireworks – “Villainy in the Sky” starts at 12:45 a.m. Excellent viewing is available in front of the Sorcerer Hat, and all along Hollywood Blvd.

See the list of characters appearing here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=206308).

rjmdds
08-20-2014, 09:45 AM
Glad to see there will be an Event Guide. Hopefully lines aren't too crazy being as the party is still not sold out…which is shocking to me. I remember being worried that tickets were going on sale for AP holder a few days early and we would be shut out. I certainly underestimated the response.

Melanie
08-20-2014, 09:51 AM
I certainly underestimated the response.

You and me both, unless they are overselling the tickets. :unsure:

ransam
08-21-2014, 03:35 AM
I wish they would do this more often.

Melanie
08-21-2014, 07:33 AM
Here (https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-assets/parks-and-tickets/special-events/villains-unleashed/villains-unleashed-guide-map-081414.pdf?19082014124911) is the guide map for the night.