PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Fastpass + Resort Reservation Question

PaDisneyMom
08-15-2014, 08:54 PM
I currently have a reservation next month from Saturday to Saturday that I have made my fastpass reservations for 60 days out. I just found out I will be able to be in the parks for a few days one week earlier - not staying on site. I am an annual pass holder and I am within the 30 day window to make fastpass reservations. When I try to make a fastpass reservation for the non site visit it tells me all my fastpass are used. I called Disney and was told that I can only hold a total of 7 fastpasses in a 30 days window. So my 7 days of fastpasses for my on site reservation prevent me from getting any fastpasses in any park for my earlier non resort stay. I was told even when I entered a park I would not be able to obtain fastpasses until I used the 7 from my resort stay (which happens a week later). Anyone else have this issue and if so how did you resolve it? Does this seem stupid to anyone else?

ransam
08-16-2014, 01:36 AM
that does seem dumb. Many people do trips 7 days or longer.

VWL Mom
08-16-2014, 06:16 AM
I would give the tech desk another try. AP holders are restricted to the number of FP days they can book in a month to keep them from booking 30 days worth of FP but in this case it seems the system is confusing your AP days with your resort stay days which are separate .

The only way around it would be to take the end of your resort stay FP use them to your non resort days. Once you use one a non resort day, rebook a resort day.

clarkee
08-16-2014, 01:37 PM
We will be there in four days and I have nine days of fast passes currently booked.

VWL Mom
08-16-2014, 01:41 PM
We will be there in four days and I have nine days of fast passes currently booked.

Are you staying onsite for 9 days? I think that's the secret. In the OP's case they are staying on site for 7 days and trying to use the AP benefit FP beforehand.

PaDisneyMom
08-17-2014, 11:56 AM
I would give the tech desk another try. AP holders are restricted to the number of FP days they can book in a month to keep them from booking 30 days worth of FP but in this case it seems the system is confusing your AP days with your resort stay days which are separate .

The only way around it would be to take the end of your resort stay FP use them to your non resort days. Once you use one a non resort day, rebook a resort day.

I called the tech desk again and again and received the same answer each time. I don't want to cancel my last resort days fast passes as we have friends that will be touring with us and we have already coordinated those fast passes.

I ended up booking on site for those days just so I could get fast passes. Turned out with the AP discount it was not that much more than off site.

Still very frustrated with this new system.

Maleficent's Dad
08-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Still very frustrated with this new system.
I know that some (many?) like the reserve FP+ system, but I'm in full agreement with you! We just returned from 2 weeks down there, and the FP+ system doesn't suit our family's style at all. The "4th FP" (and beyond) is a bit of a joke IMO.

Sorry about your frustrations. Maybe an email to them would be in order.