PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Seeds Tour - Living with the Land

jennharmony
08-14-2014, 07:59 AM
We have thrown around the idea of doing the Behind the Seeds Tour for the past couple of visits. I think that if we decided to do it in September we should not have a problem getting a reservation for it while we are there. Has anyone else had experience with not making a reservation before you go? Also, for those of you who have done it - did you think the tour was worth the time and how long is it?

Thanks for the help!:mickey:

yjgirl32
08-14-2014, 08:05 AM
The tour was about an hour long. We did the tour for my aunt who loves to grow a garden every year, but we all enjoyed it. Got some very good ideas for growing stuff.

MargaretMessler
08-14-2014, 09:45 AM
I thought it was really good, very interesting even for someone who is not necessarily "a gardener". Price was good, and you can get a discount if you have a Disney visa card too.

When we did it, it was several years back in the spring time and I think we only made a reservation either same day or possibly the day before.

Strmchsr
08-14-2014, 09:59 AM
It's hit and miss on the "day of" reservations. Some days that's no problem, other days it's full. If you know you want to do it, you're better making your reservation in advance. It is a fun tour and the cheapest of the behind the scenes tours at Disney.

kakn7294
08-14-2014, 10:46 AM
We've done it twice, both times as a walk-up with a small wait although that's not always a guarantee. It's a great tour - one I highly recommend if the Living with the Land ride is one that you like. It lasts about 1 hr, maybe a bit shorter or longer depending on your particular tour guide.

VacationDisney
08-14-2014, 11:05 AM
We love this tour and have done it a couple of times.

We have never had to make reservations in advance. We have walked up and, if we just missed the tour, we are good to go on the next one. We have always done this tour in the morning if that makes a difference in getting same day reservations or not:confused:

FLKatie912
08-14-2014, 12:15 PM
I also think this tour is worth it. We took my parents to it for a Birthday present. It's great for an Epcot lover to be able to walk in the greenhouses that you've ridden through so many times.

Some great photo ops too! :mickey:

faline
08-14-2014, 12:16 PM
We did it as same day reservation. It was during a time when the Living with the Land boat ride was down for refurb but the tours were still going on.

awaggett
08-14-2014, 10:24 PM
We did this tour in May and really enjoyed it. I loved the behind the scenes aspect--I'm not a gardening-type but still really liked it.

We did not book in advance; we did walk-up.

ransam
08-15-2014, 03:50 AM
I had no desire to do this at all. But my sister really wanted to, so we did.
I have to say I liked it a lot. very informative and well done.

jennharmony
08-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Thank you all for the replies. We love the Land ride and really excited to try the tour. :thumbsup:

kerry827
08-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Ditto from all above.... it was cute, quick, informative, and relatively inexpensive.

jennharmony
08-19-2014, 06:45 AM
Thank you all for the great info. We are excited about trying it. Any of you that have done it - have you ever gotten to help feed the alligators or get up a little close to them? That would make my DS trip :-)

LandFan
08-22-2014, 06:08 PM
You get to walk around the tank that has them in it but we have never gotten to feed them - we've taken the tour 3 times with various guests we bring down.