PDA

View Full Version : Bill Nye the Disney Guy

gerald72
08-14-2014, 04:35 AM
I noticed that Bill Nye the Science Guy appears at 3 disney attractions: Dinosaur, Ellen's Energy Adventure, and CyberSpace Mountain.
Are there any other celebrities that have multiple cameos, perhaps even more than Bill Nye?

Katzateer
08-14-2014, 07:38 AM
Martin Short, I believe.

kakn7294
08-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Mickey Mouse :thumbsup:

Katzateer
08-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Mickey Mouse :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I was going to say Walt Disney

ILoveLegos
08-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Darth Vader :darth:

:blush:

Terra
08-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Martin Short, I believe.

I miss seeing him in "The Making of Me"

Katzateer
08-14-2014, 03:25 PM
I miss seeing him in "The Making of Me"

Yes! Is he in any attraction besides the Canadian film now?

MNNHFLTX
08-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Yes! Is he in any attraction besides the Canadian film now?Not at Disney World, as far as I know, but he is also in the Cinemagique attraction at Disneyland Paris.

I am trying to think of who else would have multiple cameos. Does Patrick Warburton (Soarin')? How about Gary Sinise?

yankeesfan123
08-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Not at Disney World, as far as I know, but he is also in the Cinemagique attraction at Disneyland Paris.

I am trying to think of who else would have multiple cameos. Does Patrick Warburton (Soarin')? How about Gary Sinise?

Robin Williams is in TGMR and his voice is in Wishes (is it actually his voice?)

Harrison Ford is in TGMR and his stunt double is across the way. Probably doesn't count though.

We see FDR and Teddy twice (AA and HOP). Is FDR a celebrity?

Ellen is obviously in her own attraction, but is it actually her voice is the Nemo attraction?

badkitty
08-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Harrison Ford is in TGMR and his stunt double is across the way. Probably doesn't count though.

Although, Harrison Ford's likeness and voice are in the Disneyland Indiana Jones attraction.

Melanie
08-14-2014, 08:26 PM
And not in the Animation Building movie?

?

The Animation movie now features Mushu, voiced by Eddie Murphy. Back to Neverland, with Robin Williams and Walter Cronkite, retired in 2004.

DonaldDuck1117
08-14-2014, 09:06 PM
It's not Robin's voice in Wishes, it's Dan Castellaneta. He voiced Genie in Jafar Returns, and I'm pretty sure in the animated series as well. Dan is better known as the voice of Homer Simpson.

I wish it were Robin doing Wishes, and I really wish Disney had made an Aladdin ride with Robin being able to do original lines. Dan does a respectable job, but he's no Robin.

yankeesfan123
08-14-2014, 09:38 PM
It's not Robin's voice in Wishes, it's Dan Castellaneta. He voiced Genie in Jafar Returns, and I'm pretty sure in the animated series as well. Dan is better known as the voice of Homer Simpson.

I wish it were Robin doing Wishes, and I really wish Disney had made an Aladdin ride with Robin being able to do original lines. Dan does a respectable job, but he's no Robin.

D'oh!

ransam
08-15-2014, 03:57 AM
my mind is blank...what is tmgr?

I have a question about Robin Williams, Is he a Disney legend?

also, speaking of Robin, I heard a funny story about him. I heard he use to be one of jungle cruise drivers when he was getting his start but got fired because he kept going way off script. also the length of the cruises are pretty strait forward the driver does have a little control to stop or slow down or even speed up. and that he was also having way too long cruises because he kept telling jokes.

has anyone heard that

Melanie
08-15-2014, 06:37 AM

The Great Movie Ride.

And yes, he is a Disney Legend, inducted in 2009.

Terra
08-15-2014, 06:45 AM
Yes! Is he in any attraction besides the Canadian film now?

Not that I can think of.
I really like him though!

Mrs Bus Driver
08-15-2014, 08:31 AM

I have a question about Robin Williams, Is he a Disney legend?

also, speaking of Robin, I heard a funny story about him. I heard he use to be one of jungle cruise drivers when he was getting his start but got fired because he kept going way off script. also the length of the cruises are pretty strait forward the driver does have a little control to stop or slow down or even speed up. and that he was also having way too long cruises because he kept telling jokes.

has anyone heard that

I believe it was the Magic shop on Main Street at DL where he worked. Never heard that he was fired. I am sure someone with more knowledge will come along and settle this. :mickey:

Melanie
08-15-2014, 08:35 AM
I believe it was the Magic shop on Main Street at DL where he worked. Never heard that he was fired. I am sure someone with more knowledge will come along and settle this. :mickey:

Steve Martin is who worked at the Magic Shop on Main Street in Disneyland.

I've never heard of Robin Williams being a Jungle Cruise guide. I googled it, and as far as I can tell, it's not true. He did apparently do a 'guest gig' for one night after he was famous.

Katzateer
08-15-2014, 08:54 AM
I remember that story of a comedian as a JC guide but don't remember if it was Robin Williams. I think whoever told that story was on a late night show or maybe Barbara Walters.