PDA

View Full Version : CRT vs Akershus for breakfast

barbiegirl314
08-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Trying to decide which Princess Breakfast option to choose. Are the same princesses at both places? Do they have the same food choices ( especially pancakes, waffles or french toast)?
Pros and Cons of each?

TIA!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-13-2014, 09:54 PM
We love Akershus over CRT. We've seen Ariel a number of times, while we tend to see Jasmine at CRT, and otherwise (for us anyways) the princesses have been the same. We find Akershus a more relaxing time, better service, better food and more time with the princesses.

Akershus has a small cold buffet (fruit, meats, Danish, bagels, etc.) and then serves a family style eggs, potatoes, bacon and sausage. The Potatoes are AWESOME ... we keep joking that we need to bring a Ziploc with us to take some to-go

CRT serves grown-up apple caramel French toast, and French toast "sticks" for kids, neither of which are on the menu at Akershus.

FLKatie912
08-14-2014, 01:17 PM
As an adult princess fan, my husband and I did both for our honeymoon a few years ago without kids. We did CRT for Dinner and Akershus for Breakfast. We much prefered CRT over Akershus. The "loading" area for CRT is much more hustle and bustle than Akershus, but I found the dining area more relaxing. We also found the food to be better at CRT, our family style plate was average at best. We will be trying both for our upcoming trip in October.

Brooklynos
08-14-2014, 01:28 PM
We have done both and enjoy both. Akershus used to include the photos but we generally do photopass+ or now memory maker so we will still get those. Breakfast food at CRT was much better in our opinion and our DD3 got to eat in the castle. For one dining credit Akershus is an amazing deal though, def one we won't miss on our trips. If you can't do both, Akershus is great and you really only miss Jasmine in most cases.

jennharmony
08-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Akershus gets our vote as well. The breakfast is super yum and the princesses are great. We had a lot of time with each princess at Akershus vs CRT where our time with them felt very rushed. We have done the Akershus breakfast several time and have always see Bell, Jaz, and Snow. We have also see Mary Poppins and Aerial. :princess: Have fun!

Janmac
08-16-2014, 06:30 PM
A friend HAD to eat at CRT when she and her family went on their first trip to WDW a few years ago. I mentioned Akershus and she got ADRs there as well, kinda humoring me.

When she got home she said she was glad she'd done CRT but she didn't need to go back. Mainly because the food didn't impress her considering the cost. She would and has gone back to Akershus.

We usually see, at Akershus breakfast, Belle in the photo place, and Aurora, Jasmine, Mulan, Snow White, or Cinderella in the dining rooms. We've never seen Mary Poppins there.

We also like the potato casserole at Akershus.

Jan

ransam
08-18-2014, 01:33 AM
It's so funny you posted this. I was actually going to post something to the effect to see which most people prefer.
Personally I prefer Akerhaus. I think the main dishes are very similar, but they have a really nice prebreakfast bar.
plus it's very laid back.