PDA

View Full Version : Fast pass distribution?

Heather_
08-13-2014, 12:48 AM
I'm trying to take care of some fastpass reservations and I am coming across so many attractions that say "fastpass distribution has ended for the selected day". Does this mean there is ZERO chance of obtaining a fastpass for those particular attractions? Even with people constantly changing and canceling plans? I've used fastpass+ on two separate visits earlier this year and managed to snag every fastpass I hoped to, even if it was last minute, even if it was previously unavailable. Anybody have any experience/luck with last minute openings? I've never come across this message before....

Capt_redshirt
08-13-2014, 01:11 AM
There is 2 possibilities. it could be they are out as it stands right now and it can change in the next few days. or there is a Glitch or they are doing maintenance.. try later and maybe things will work out.

Speedy1998
08-13-2014, 01:06 PM
You may want to check when you arrive at the park. I have heard that Disney reserves a block of FP times so that people who do not make their FP reservations online, have a shot at getting on the most popular attractions. Not sure if this is true or a rumor, but it sounds like something they would do.

Heather_
08-14-2014, 12:04 AM
It's certainly worth a shot. Keeping my fingers crossed!

ransam
08-15-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm hoping for the same thing.

stephicakes
08-16-2014, 09:00 AM
Hey Heather! :mickey:

I am getting the same thing also for only one thing on our trip the week we are there (we are about 30 days out, staying onsite)... It gives me that message for the Festival of Fantasy Parade at MK. I can get FP+ for any other attraction/ride so it must be because it is a popular one. No biggie but I will keep trying! We are going in Sept so not a very busy time - standby will be very possible for everything.

Good luck & happy planning! :thumbsup:

steph

John
08-16-2014, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't count on it. We did a day trip a few months back as part of a day in port canaveral on a carnival cruise. We got to Epcot at park opening and ALL of the fast passes for any attraction you'd want one for we're gone. Certainly didn't seem like they reserved anything. My guess is slower times of the year will be better. Keep checking back... Hopefully it's a glitch. You might also try calling support and see what they say.

yankeesfan123
08-16-2014, 10:51 AM
I went last week and there was "limited availability" for Soarin and TT at park opening on a Friday.

I checked on my phone and both had 1 available time: 8:00-9:00 pm.

jennharmony
08-19-2014, 07:05 AM
I went last week and there was "limited availability" for Soarin and TT at park opening on a Friday.

I checked on my phone and both had 1 available time: 8:00-9:00 pm.

It is cool that you could check on your phone if any FP were available. I have read that you cannot add FP using the MDE app - so after you check to see if any are available you need to go to a kiosk to get them - is that correct? Can you see if any FP are available before using all of your FP or does it only show them once you have used yours?

I am sure I will wrap my head around the new system soon - hopefully before our trip in 25 days.