PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Discount Card

SnowWhite79
08-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Hi everybody, My family and I are Florida annual pass holders. A few months ago we got Magic Bands. After we received them, we had to renew our passes because they were about to expire. Because we got the Magic Bands before renewing online, the discount card/parking pass we got is expired because it was connected to our passes before renewal. My question is, how do we get a new current discount card/parking pass? I can't seem to find a place to request one on the My Disney Experience website. If any of you know how we can get new discount cards/parking pass, please let me know.

SnowWhite79

AgentC
08-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Have you been back to the parks since you renewed? Unless something has changed since I renewed my passes in May, even though you renewed, your passes are not technically active until you activate them at guest services at a park or Downtown Disney.

When you go to guest services, you will need to show your FL license/id for each adult (and they must be present). They will then give you your plastic passholder pass. The passholder pass has a stripe indicating whether it has parking or not.

They did not give me the passholder discount card but it really isn't necessary when you have passholder pass. The card was more of a special thing they sent to passholders with their magic bands.

SnowWhite79
08-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Yes, we have been to the parks since we renewed. So they've been activated. We were not given a card. So all we have are the old pass, as far as cards go. The expired discount card came with the Magic Bands. We do have pass holder sliders that came with the bands. We were told in order to get updated discount cards we would need to go online and request them. I don't see anywhere to do that. I just want to make sure we get our discounts when applicable. When I purchased something on our last visit I did get the discount. So maybe its ok, I don't know.

SnowWhite79

AgentC
08-12-2014, 02:09 PM
I found the answer on the DisneyWorld site. It is quoted below. The discount card should be sent to you with the magic bands. You may have an option to order more bands right now. For example, I have 8 pending Magic Bands showing on my account. 4 from my old passes that I didn't order because we had them from our hotel stay and 4 more from our renewal.

I'm surprised that they didn't give you a card pass too when you activated. Maybe they aren't giving them if you don't ask.

Anyway, you have two choices, you can request a passholder card next time you go and use that for discount/parking or you can follow the instructions below for the discount card.

If you have lost your Passholder discount card, please visit any Walt Disney World theme park ticket window or a Downtown Disney Guest Relations location. To verify your identity, please bring a valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.

Passholder discount cards are intended to be used with a MagicBand.

If you have any questions about your Annual Passes or you need help, please call (407) 560-PASS or (407) 560-7277. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

SnowWhite79
08-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Thank you for the info! I looked and what we got in the mail with the Magic Bands is actually a pass holder card. I thought it said discount card for some reason. Regardless, it's expired, so I guess we'll have to ask for one when we go in a couple of weeks. We're just going for the day.

SnowWhite79