PDA

View Full Version : Episode 66 - Crabby John Has Spoken

John
08-11-2014, 08:20 PM
The INTERCOT Insider Live: Episode 66
Crabby John Has Spoken
The Cast: Cindy Jackrimo, Michael Montanez, Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell & John Yaglenski

Cindy joins the podcast for the first time

Have you been to the park for the opening ceremony?* John’s kids have opened the Magic Kingdom

Mel just got back from Disney World.* Found the parks crowded in July - whoda thunk.* Stayed at Caribbean Beach.* Stayin Alive Canada meet.

Michael tries not to go past the Mississippi in the summer

Opening day at Diagon Alley and Mel was there.* Her experiences.

Cindy stays at Cabana Bay Beach Resort @ Universal Orlando and gives us a review.* There is a lazy river at a value resort! Cup sensors in use there too.

Take it or Leave it - Refillable Mugs. Melanie says take it. Cindy says leave it.* Ian says leave it.* John says leave it.

Tervis Tumblers

Photos taken and sent to your account in the parks without you asking.

Magic Bands should include pedometers and GPS.

Should be a fastpass line for parking.

Why don’t magicbands auto add the AP discount? Instead you need a license and a separate card.

Fast Pass for standby lines - our collective heads are going to explode.

Richard Petty Driving Experience and Cars Experience.* Cindy attended on behalf of the site.

Armed Forces Salute renewed again!

Frozen on board Disney Cruise line *(except the Dream)

Once Upon a Time on ABC

New Haunted Mansion Shop on the way.

Pin Collecting? Are you still doing it after all these years?

What did we learn?* Going to do this every two weeks & crabby John has spoken. Don’t buy mugs unless you are Mel.* Mel hates this segment.* Ian learned Mel is crabby when we do what did we learn.* John learned it’s Arendelle.

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, LOVE, ENJOY, SHARE... (http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2014/episode-66.asp)

Melanie
08-11-2014, 08:29 PM
what did we learn?* going to do this every two weeks & crabby john has spoken. Don’t buy mugs unless you are mel.* mel hates this segment.* ian learned mel is crabby when we do what did we learn.* john learned it’s arendelle.

Love!:D

BrowncatP
08-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Pin collecting, not as much now. Pin trading-Oh, yeah!! I traded 12 pins with the cast members.

SBETigg
08-11-2014, 10:04 PM
I am not a refillable mug fan. I don't want to carry them around, so they just create more necessity to go back and forth, and it barely holds enough to make it worthwhile. Leave it!

BriarRose0708
08-12-2014, 09:10 AM
Yay Cindy!

Mel, great to hear some positives about CBR, very excited to stay there. I am also chuckling to myself hearing your Alex & Ani jingling in the background the whole Podcast :)

I take the refillable mugs. I like collecting them and I enjoy getting soda or iced tea coming back from the park and going for an early morning walk to get coffee. I haven't done the new RFID ones yet, but willing to try this upcoming trip. Plus they have purple ones now!

Melanie
08-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Mel, great to hear some positives about CBR, very excited to stay there. I am also chuckling to myself hearing your Alex & Ani jingling in the background the whole Podcast :)

Not the whoooole podcast. :blush:John made me take them off. :D I'm so used to them now, I forget about the noise they are making. I apologize! I'm sure it's annoying.

I got a purple mug too. :) Now if they'd just hear our pleas for purple magic bands!

MN_Rose
08-12-2014, 03:41 PM
Loved the podcast as usual. Just finished the "Take it or Leave it" section. I'm a take-it with the mugs because I'm a diet coke addict, but I also wish they would add more stations at CBR. Just wanted to let you know that I purchased a couple 24 oz WDW tumblers at World of Disney about 10 years ago. So, they did dabble with the Tervis glassware for awhile.

MN_Rose
08-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Adding that I also have a CBR sweatshirt from around the time that The Little Mermaid came it. It has a bunch of cartoon sea life on it, but I can't remember if it's actually the characters from the movie or similar characters.

Melanie
08-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Adding that I also have a CBR sweatshirt from around the time that The Little Mermaid came it. It has a bunch of cartoon sea life on it, but I can't remember if it's actually the characters from the movie or similar characters.

Did I mention I have a great magnet and one of those mugs you put in the freezer with Caribbean Beach on it? I love them! I just don't get the rational of not offering resort specific merchandise.

BriarRose0708
08-13-2014, 09:29 AM
Not the whoooole podcast. :blush:John made me take them off. :D I'm so used to them now, I forget about the noise they are making. I apologize! I'm sure it's annoying.

I got a purple mug too. :) Now if they'd just hear our pleas for purple magic bands!

I'm just jealous of all your bracelets! I've been wanting some for a long time.

BriarRose0708
08-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Loved the podcast as usual. Just finished the "Take it or Leave it" section. I'm a take-it with the mugs because I'm a diet coke addict, but I also wish they would add more stations at CBR. Just wanted to let you know that I purchased a couple 24 oz WDW tumblers at World of Disney about 10 years ago. So, they did dabble with the Tervis glassware for awhile.

I've heard through friends that if you hand your mug to the bartender at Banana Cabana they can refill your mug for free with soda. Just ask them. Although, the snack bar at the pool is so close to the food court it doesn't help if you're staying in Trinidad.

Melanie
08-13-2014, 09:34 AM
I've heard through friends that if you hand your mug to the bartender at Banana Cabana they can refill your mug for free with soda. Just ask them. Although, the snack bar at the pool is so close to the food court it doesn't help if you're staying in Trinidad.

Right. I'm not sure where else they could put them at CBR. It's not like Coronado Springs, where the main pool is located away from the main building.

Like I said, I 'take' the mugs, IF I'm not staying at CBR in Trinidad South. ;)

GMRO
08-14-2014, 09:58 AM
Nice podcast! I’m at just after the take it or leave it segment. Welcome back MM. And welcome AgentC!!! Nice to hear from you – and of course the regular folks too!

RFID Mugs…we use them maybe 1/3rd of the time. LEAVE IT. We are just not soda/pop folks. Yea we use them at the resort food courts with our meals but that’s it. I’m all tervis. Once you drink out of a tervis…there is no substitute. We’ve packed our fav Disney tervis that we’ve picked up and bring them for our resort stays and pool days on vacation. Funny…not available at Disney but at Hallmark stores they have a good collection of Disney tervis cups etc. Coffee remains HOT and adult beverages stay COLDer for the whole drink. BUT yes they do sweat…still. Not as much as normal cups/glasses but when you do margaritas out of them, frozen ones, they will sweat over time.

I agree Mel; I’ve not been able to find any ceramic mugs that are worth the purchase from Disney as of late. Our trip in May2014 we came up empty. BUT that said I don’t like drinking coffee out of LARGE ceramic mugs. You have to microwave it at least 2 times…as it’s a huge heat sink and it makes the coffee or tea cold much faster. Again tervis spoiled I AM –YESSSSSSSS!!!! We did score a nice set of DCL tervis cups on the DREAM in May2014. And last year we got Castaway Cay tervis cups on the island. Just not in the parks or resorts.

HOLY SMOKES your tweets Mel from the Harry Potter deal were unreal! I agree, past 3 hrs and my time is worth more - I’m OUT!!! My vacation time is at a premium and I’m not willing to waste that type of time for anything. PLUS I’ve no Harry Potter interest. Never seen more than 5 mins total of the complete movie set EVER. That - and Lord Of The Rings…I just have no interest. I know NONE of the characters by name or else. Just not that type a geek. Geek on other stuff… ;)

Well more to listen to so ...“I’ll be back...”

yankeesfan123
08-20-2014, 06:55 AM
I didn't get my attraction photos added to my photopass account :(

I kinda wish I did.

Septbride2002
09-12-2014, 09:25 PM
We so need a Once Upon a Time thread! I've binged watch all 3 seasons of that show this summer on Netflix.

AgentC
09-13-2014, 12:32 AM
We so need a Once Upon a Time thread! I've binged watch all 3 seasons of that show this summer on Netflix.

We have some old ones out there. The new season starts at the end of September. I'll either bump up the old thread or start a new one for this season.