PDA

View Full Version : Robin Williams is dead

caryrae
08-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Just read this on the internet. Sounds like he committed suicide. Sad
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/actor-robin-williams-dead-63/story?id=24937522

Altair
08-11-2014, 07:59 PM
That's a shocker. :(

Melanie
08-11-2014, 08:16 PM
But oh, to be free. Not to have to go "Poof! What do you need, "Poof! What do you need, Poof! What do you need?". To be my own master. Such a thing would be greater than all the magic and all the treasures in all the world. But what am I talking about? Let's get real here, that's never gonna happen. Genie, wake up and smell the hummus.

Rest easy, Genie. :sad:

i'm grumpy
08-11-2014, 08:43 PM
What a terrible loss.

SBETigg
08-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Such sad news. What a great career, so many memorable roles and comedy specials. He brought laughter and lightness into so many lives.

rjmdds
08-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Still in shock. Dead Poet's Society. One of my favorite movies.

dobby2010
08-11-2014, 09:01 PM
So sad. I hope this tragedy can be a wake up call to those suffering from depression to seek the help they need. He will be greatly missed.

Thinking of a Birdcage and Hook double feature is in order.

yjgirl32
08-11-2014, 09:39 PM
So sad. So much talent. RIP Mr. Williams.

Katzateer
08-11-2014, 09:41 PM
So sad. He has battled addiction and depression so long. He was one of my favorites. :(

Mrs Bus Driver
08-12-2014, 09:44 AM
DD mentioned this yesterday, could not believe it. My thoughts are with the family so very sad.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-12-2014, 10:43 AM
I can still recall watching the episode of Happy Days (initial airing) where Mork from Ork was introduced.

Very sad, he was truly a comedic genius.

Melanie
08-12-2014, 10:46 AM
I can still recall watching the episode of Happy Days (initial airing) where Mork from Ork was introduced.

Very sad, he was truly a comedic genius.

YES! I remember him on Happy Days as well. Was reading something from Henry Winkler last night where he was recalling how he'd have to stifle his laughter when filming with Robin, he was just that funny.

princessgirls
08-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Robin Williams...an incredibly gifted man. Talent beyond. Comic and timing genius.

He WAS genie. He owned that! I recently read that he barely followed the script. It was all his improv genius.

I am truly sad, that he lived in darkness, while making me laugh. I can only hope and pray that he is at peace, while my thoughts and prayers are with his family, as they pick up the pieces from this tragedy.
Julie

TheDuckRocks
08-12-2014, 12:23 PM
I can't stop crying. It is so sad that this time around he could not crawl out of the black hole of depression that so many of us suffer from. Do not be fooled by the laughter on the outside, it so often covers the pain inside.
RIP Robin, you will be missed and remembered with love by many.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-12-2014, 01:58 PM
YES! I remember him on Happy Days as well. Was reading something from Henry Winkler last night where he was recalling how he'd have to stifle his laughter when filming with Robin, he was just that funny.

I've read quotes from directors that when working with Robin, they'd simply just let the camera keep rolling and not try to control it, just capture it.

minnie04
08-12-2014, 03:36 PM
But oh, to be free. Not to have to go "Poof! What do you need, "Poof! What do you need, Poof! What do you need?". To be my own master. Such a thing would be greater than all the magic and all the treasures in all the world. But what am I talking about? Let's get real here, that's never gonna happen. Genie, wake up and smell the hummus.

Rest easy, Genie. :sad:

love that!!! what a sad day :( when you think of all the funny roles he played. You would never think he was suffering so much in private. He will be missed by so many generations..

PirateLover
08-14-2014, 08:48 AM
Very, very saddened by this news. No one seems to have a bad word to say about him. He certainly brought hours and hours of joy to my life. Rest in Peace, Robin.

BrerGnat
08-14-2014, 09:27 AM
As sad as his passing is, the wonderful thing about his life is that his talent lives on in his body of work, and we can continue to enjoy his performances for years to come. He left a wonderful legacy behind that will provide many bright spots of laughter to people all over the world on a continuous basis. R.I.P.

Zawadi
08-14-2014, 10:18 AM
Still hard to believe

In a sad way the genie finally got his wish to be free

jsnolea12
08-18-2014, 06:27 AM
RIP Robin Williams.