PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep the magic alive?

PETE FROM NYC
08-11-2014, 06:43 PM
We go every 2 years. But, I see many families go several times per year. Just how do you keep the magic from going stale?
We are theme park people, and do not really enjoy going to too many restaurants, just not crazy about all the foods, too fancy for our tastes. Not really pool folks either. Last trip, 2 years ago, I got wet for the first time. We are going for 13 days with 8 days of parks. This trip, we may do some resort visiting, a day in DTD, but nothing else planned.

faline
08-11-2014, 07:22 PM
We always try to experience something new - whether it be a resort we have not stayed at before; a tour we haven't taken; or a more relaxed trip which, yes, for me would involve more time hanging out at the pool. We also differ in that we very much enjoy dining as part of our Disney experience so trying new or different restaurants is always something we enjoy.

chefmickey3
08-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Look for hidden Mickeys and other details that are often missed if you go too fast. Explore Main St. There is a great Hidden Magic book that we have shared as a family on our way to the world. We also enjoy exploring the resorts. Do a tour - Behind the Seeds in EPCOT is relatively inexpensive and really neat.

ILoveLegos
08-18-2014, 12:44 PM
I agree with what others have said and I'd like to add that sometimes I bring people with me who have never been there before or who haven't been in a very long time. Seeing them experience WDW for the first time or in a new way makes it fresh for me. I especially like it when I get to play "tour guide". :mickey:

If I happen to be visiting by myself, I interact with other guests and cast members which constantly changes the experience. Sometimes I might try to take interesting photos of WDW for screen savers on my computer to help me to build excitement later for an upcoming trip.

Lastly, for the first time as an adult, I didn't go in 2012 or 2013, I went to Texas twice instead which was awesome and tons of fun!!! Skipping WDW makes me more than ready for my next WDW trip this January! I have spent nearly 20 years visiting WDW annually or multiple times a year in these ways and in the ways previously mentioned by others. I haven't felt like it was dull yet.:blush: