PDA

View Full Version : FastPass+ / Magic Bands and using unused tickets

SteveO
08-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Greetings;

I used to think of myself as a WDW Pro until the whole FP+ came about. Now I am back to being a newbie. I'll be going to WDW early December (I've already purchased my MVMCP ticket) but I have yet to book my onsite resort which I'll do this week.)

I've got two days of park-hoper tickets (no expiration) remaining from my past visit. How's this all going to work? Here's my questions so far:

1. Can my remaining days be transferred to my Magic Band? If so, am I going to have to wait until I get there? Is it a huge hassle?
2. I get a Magic Band in the mail before the trip?
3. From what I read, I can do the FP+ reservations "if I purchase tickets". Well, I have the tickets but I sure don't know how I'm going to be able to make my FP+ reservations with these.
4. I'm sure there are more and I'll add them to this thread as I think of them

faline
08-10-2014, 08:20 PM
I believe some of the older tickets can be linked to your My Disney Experience account which needs to be your first step. If you don't have tickets linked to your account, you can't make fastpass reservations and, if you don't have Disney accommodations booked and linked to your account, you won't be able to make fastpass plus reservations 60 days in advance.

If you link your tickets, they will be automatically associated with your Magic Band. Yes, you will get a band prior to your arrival at Disney

Good luck!

Goofy4TheWorld
08-10-2014, 08:46 PM
The answer to the "can I link these old tickets" question depends on what year the tickets were actually purchased. The Disney website (MDE) has a thorough page of ticket examples that show how to link tickets purchased from approximately 2010 and up.

How old are your tickets?

VWL Mom
08-10-2014, 09:14 PM
First thing would be to set up an MDE account if you haven't already done so. Once that's done you can link your tickets (depending on purchase date).

Once you book your resort check to make sure that it is linked to your account, If not, link it manually. At that point go to my magic band and customize your band. It will be mailed to you at your 30 day mark.

Staying onsite you will be able to book FP+ for the amount of days on your tickets at 60 days out.

SteveO
08-11-2014, 12:53 AM
Many thanks to all that responded.

I pulled out the card from my last visit; the dates of my stay were 12/10/10 - 12/12/2010 so I'm thinking that will work on the MDE site. I'll check more into that. I am WAY overdue for a visit.

Looks like a lot of what I can do can't happen until I book the room. At least from what you all responded this should not be all that hard to do. Thanks again. I'll post back with how this goes.

LVT
08-11-2014, 07:05 AM
I hope to learn from you. My next trip is April.
:number1: