PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass + for parades

donnine
08-10-2014, 04:22 PM
I am very curious about how the FP+ works for parades. How do they monitor it and keep non-FP holders out?:mickey:

yankeesfan123
08-10-2014, 04:53 PM
I am very curious about how the FP+ works for parades. How do they monitor it and keep non-FP holders out?:mickey:

I used it last week for Wishes and MSEP. They "rope" the area off but there were only 1 or 2 cast members patrolling the area.

Quite a few non-FP users ducked under the rope or stepped over the fence into the rose garden.

Some were seen by CMs and asked politely to leave or enter properly. Some guests kind of policed the area themselves. Some non-FP users got away with sneaking in. Some non-FP users might not have even known it was a reserved area necessarily even though there were sporadic signs saying "reserved".

08-10-2014, 08:30 PM
That is exactly what I thought might happen. I don't see how they can "police" the area effectively. That's what they always had to do before, so why not just keep it the same.:mickey:

donnine
08-10-2014, 08:36 PM
I used it last week for Wishes and MSEP. They "rope" the area off but there were only 1 or 2 cast members patrolling the area.

Quite a few non-FP users ducked under the rope or stepped over the fence into the rose garden.

Some were seen by CMs and asked politely to leave or enter properly. Some guests kind of policed the area themselves. Some non-FP users got away with sneaking in. Some non-FP users might not have even known it was a reserved area necessarily even though there were sporadic signs saying "reserved".

Thank you for sharing your experience with this. I think this is a no win situation. Is there a special Fast Pass + viewing area or is it all along the parade route from beginning to end?

yankeesfan123
08-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Just one area in front of the castle.

The non-FP people were not sneaking in non-stop. It was just a few. I don't like even one person getting away with the dishonesty, but it's not like everyone was trying to sneak in. Most people understood they weren't allowed.

donnine
08-10-2014, 08:46 PM
OK, That at least makes more sense. I was envisioning every inch of the parade route and thinking that it's not possible. Thanks again:mickey:

08-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Sorry for the double post. Had a router problem and didn't know either went through.

08-10-2014, 10:44 PM
For the parades FP there are "usually" 8 CM's assigned (sometimes more and sometimes less for the second night parade depending on the FP count) to the roped off area for both day and night parades, 2 at the entry 5 spaced throughout the front and 1 at the back rope.

For the Wishes FP at the Rose Garden there are between 4 and 6 CM's assigned (depends on how many have signed up for the location), 2 at the entry, one inside the area and one at the pathway at the Fantasyland bridge.

In addition to those CM's there is also a coordinator and at parade area, 3 to 5 FP (green shirt) CM's and at Wishes, "normally" 3 FP CM's.

VERY FEW guests "sneak into" the area at either location.

I've worked it a couple of times a week since it was in the testing stages, before FP+ was even announced, so I'm pretty familiar with it.

ransam
08-16-2014, 01:44 AM
how would someone know if someone else had a fp or not?

LVT
08-16-2014, 07:15 AM
I was envisioning a rest room trip and return. Would you have to be gated in to return to the party you were with?

yankeesfan123
08-16-2014, 08:25 AM
how would someone know if someone else had a fp or not?

If they sneak under the rope/step over the fence and do not enter through the entrance where guests are scanned in.

And as far as leaving for the bathroom.... I'm not sure. I'd talk to a CM before leaving.