PDA

View Full Version : What's your strategy?

Charam
08-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Hey folks, I've been a lurker here for more than 10 years; though I've only posted now and again, I appreciate the great info and advice.

My 20-year-old autistic son and I are returning to to Disney for the sixth (seventh? eighth? Can you believe I've lost count?) time in a little more than a week (can't wait!), and though we're obviously park veterans, there's one situation we haven't run across before: A two-parade night at MK.

So the question: what's your strategy for handling this? Do you find a good spot to watch the parade and then Wishes (and is that the same spot?), then hit the rides during the second parade? Or vice versa?

And what's your favorite spot for Wishes watching? Last time we were between the castle and the top of Main Street and frankly it was so packed it was uncomfortable.

Thanks for any and all answers. Can't wait for next Monday! :mickey:

Melanie
08-09-2014, 08:19 PM
If you guys are going to tough it out all night, I'd definitely recommend the second parade. It's always much less crowded, as parents with little kiddos tend to hit the first one, watch Wishes, then head for the exit.

andypooh
08-10-2014, 09:09 AM
For the parade if you are able to stay up until the second parade you will be standing unobstructed with no wait needed. We like to go and watch from Frontierland. It is so much less crowded and there won't be anyone blocking you

IloveJack
08-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Agreed. We've always noticed a mass-exodus following Wishes, and then lots of available seating for the second parade. We usually ride during the first, return to the hub to watch Wishes, then grab dinner at Casey's or ice cream from the parlor and eat while we wait for the second parade. It hasn't failed us yet!

Charam
08-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the replies. :mickey:

ransam
08-13-2014, 01:38 AM
If you can find out where the parade starts, and then line up close to that. That way, the parade ends for you but is still going on for lots of others which might make it easier to hit a last minute ride. and if you plan on leaving right after again, you can follow the parade toward the exit, and that will clear you a little path to the exit.

ANG
08-13-2014, 08:10 AM
For the parade if you are able to stay up until the second parade you will be standing unobstructed with no wait needed. We like to go and watch from Frontierland. It is so much less crowded and there won't be anyone blocking you

This is what we do as well.

hauntedmansiongirl
08-14-2014, 12:55 AM
Definitely go to the second parade! It's like night and day as far as crowds! Lineups for the rides are much less during the first parade. Just try to plan an area to be in until the parade and fireworks are done- eg. Tomorrow land/fantasyland or adventure land... Crossing the hub during that time is almost impossible! We love being by Splash/BTMRR because they are outside and you can see the parade from them. It's a really cool feeling and we've taken some great pictures because you are of high up!

Have a great vacation! :mickey:

jans2kids
08-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Last week we waited and did the 2nd parade at 11pm on a night when the park closed at 11pm. We did rides until the park closed then walked to Frontierland which was almost empty and waited for the parade to get there since it started on Main Street. Leaving the park was much easier as by the time we walked to main street the crowds had thinned and we even took the time to stop at the Ice Cream parlor which we never did before becasue it was always lined out the door. When we got to the bus stop there were less than 25 people waiting for the bus.