PDA

View Full Version : Fav Park?

Tracey
08-08-2014, 06:02 PM
First trip to Disney next summer!! We are going to have 5 days at the parks....so one day at each park and then one extra. So which park is worth twice in one trip?
:mickey:

AgentC
08-08-2014, 06:16 PM
What are the ages and interests of your party?

The simple answer is with a 5 day trip, you should do Magic Kingdom twice. It has the most attractions and there should be plenty left to do a second day.

If your group has special interests, they may find another park worth a second look. I personally love walking through the countries at Epcot and watching the live performances. I think for most Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom are 1 day parks. (And for some less than a day :D )

If you have kids, definitely do the second day at MK. :thumbsup:

Tracey
08-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Yup there will be 6 of us. My Mom..me...my hubby and when we go the kids will be 13,7, and 3 1/2.

Terra
08-08-2014, 09:44 PM
For just me, EPCOT is my favorite. I could linger and linger and linger! So much detail!

When I'm with my sons, oh gosh it's a tie between AK and MK. Again, lots of details, shows, attractions!
Have a great time!

Susan A
08-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Magic kingdom! :mickey:

But, you'll probably decide that one when you are there. There will be attractions that you miss and those that you'll want to repeat.

ransam
08-08-2014, 11:43 PM
do you have park hopper?

If not, I agree with the previous poster, go, and decide which one you want to do on the last day.

joonyer
08-09-2014, 09:05 AM
For us (and for the vast majority of guests, I would predict) it has to be the Magic Kingdom. It's just the essence of Disney World to me. Part of it is the nostalgia factor, as I first visited the park when it was brand new, and the only park at WDW in 1971. It also has my favorite attraction, Splash Mountain, and my favorite, most sentimental show, Wishes. And there is just nothing like walking down Main Street, USA for the first time after a long absence.

steamboat willy
08-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Magic Kingdom would also be by vote, but if you missed something at one of the other Parks, that may help you decide. The 3 1/2 & 7 will defiantly enjoy MK but your 13 may prefer DS.
As much as I enjoy the Countries in EPCOT, it's still The MAGIC KINGDOM for this Big Kid at HEART since 1971.

ANG
08-09-2014, 11:19 AM
The simple answer is with a 5 day trip, you should do Magic Kingdom twice. It has the most attractions and there should be plenty left to do a second day.

:

Ditto!

VacationDisney
08-09-2014, 11:50 AM
I think, with the ages of your children, that MK will need a second day:mickey:

Have a great time!

WDW&MK
08-09-2014, 05:11 PM
I agree with joonyer. Just DH and I, but we go to MK when we first get there and then as our last day in the parks - I have to say goodbye to the castle :( and of course - i promise to be back :blush:. If you have the hopper though, you could start at MK and do anything you want to do again and then hop over to one of the other parks to finish out the day.

Have a great time!!

Charam
08-09-2014, 07:21 PM
My son and I are going for five days on Aug. 18 and for us it's Hollywood Studios, because he loves Fantasmic, RnR, TSM, and Belle (Beauty and he Beast on stage), not necessarily in that order. ;)

Rayles
08-10-2014, 04:38 AM
I would say that after you have been to each of the 4 parks once,then you will be able to decide which one to pay a second visit two.They all deserve at least a second visit ! Personally I would say MK.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-10-2014, 11:33 AM
You should use the extra day for Magic Kingdom just because there is so much to do . It is still my favorite with Epcot a very close second

Janmac
08-10-2014, 06:47 PM
There are other possibilities, especially given the ages of your kids. If your teen is a bit on the non-thrill ride side, perhaps you could skip Disney Hollywood Studios this trip, do MK two days, AK one day and Epcot two days. Epcot really is two parks with the Future World section and World Showcase.

There are the most things to do at MK and at Epcot. Some folks find Epcot not at fun, but it's always been our favorite park, from two year old on up to 78 year old.

Whichever you decide to do, you may want to consider taking a break in the middle part of the day. This is a time when the parks are the most crowded, making the day seem even hotter.

If you were to decide to do park hopper passes, I'd recommend two or three MK mornings, an AK morning, perhaps an Epcot morning, and at least 3 Epcot evenings, an MK evening and a resort evening.

With kids, a memorable trip is more times doing their favorite things, rather than doing more new things.

Jan