PDA

View Full Version : Is there a value season

Lizzie
08-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Is there a time of year when the rack rate for rooms are cheaper than other times?

VWL Mom
08-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Value season usually runs Jan 2 through mid-Feb with Marathon Weekend and MLK weekend being higher. Theres a Value 2 season which generally runs beginning of August to mid-Sept.

Next cheapest is Fall season which runs mid-Sept to mid-Dec with Columbus day wknd and Thanksgiving being blacked out.

MargaretMessler
08-08-2014, 07:05 PM
What is April 29-May 9 considered? I feel like I didn't pay much more for that time in 2015 than I did for September 2013, and we're going for one more day, also Pop vs ASM.

I was pleased. I'll be even more please of course if a promo comes out between now and then :thumbsup:

Lizzie
08-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Thanks trying to plan our next trip interesting that August is considered value season. Do the crowd levels drop in August?

VWL Mom
08-08-2014, 07:38 PM
What is April 29-May 9 considered? I feel like I didn't pay much more for that time in 2015 than I did for September 2013, and we're going for one more day, also Pop vs ASM.

That would be Regular season - runs from late Aor to early May; sort of a filler between Spring Break and Summer

Three most expensive are Summer, Peak, and Holiday Seasons.

Thanks trying to plan our next trip interesting that August is considered value season. Do the crowd levels drop in August?

We've been going the last week in August for the past couple years. The crowds do seem to drop off after Florida schools are back in session.

Lizzie
08-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Do you know when free dinning is typically offered than? Is it ever offered the last week of August?

Capt_redshirt
08-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Do you know when free dinning is typically offered than? Is it ever offered the last week of August?

we usually see it a lot more in fall season. i think in tie in with food and wine. usually august sees a discount on hotel. tho this is all speculative because they never announce promotions early and next year could change the promotions offered.

ransam
08-21-2014, 03:44 AM
There always seems to be some sort of discount at WDW, unless you check in on or a couple days before a holiday.