PDA

View Full Version : One day ticket

Susan A
08-08-2014, 02:31 PM
I have a question for a friend.
She and her family will be in Disney world next week for one day. Will she receive a wrist band?
Also, I assume she won't be able to make advance reservations for a fast pass.
Thanks.
:mickey:

BrerGnat
08-08-2014, 03:23 PM
No wristband for day guests unless she buys one. They are $13 each. Also no advanced FP+ for day guests.

yankeesfan123
08-08-2014, 03:33 PM
No wristband for day guests unless she buys one. They are $13 each. Also no advanced FP+ for day guests.

She can purchase her ticket ahead of time and book FP in advance since she is going within 30 days though.

BrerGnat
08-08-2014, 03:34 PM
She can purchase her ticket ahead of time and book FP in advance since she is going within 30 days though.

I thought that was only for resort guests?

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Anyone with tickets can book FP+ up to 30 days in advance. Resort guests get "first crack" at FP+, since they can book at 60 days in advance.

In both cases though, you need a MDE account, with valid tickets attached to the account.

ransam
08-08-2014, 04:48 PM
she can also get there early and go to a FP Kosik (SP) and book her fast passes for the day, I think.

Susan A
08-08-2014, 04:51 PM
So, she purchase wristbands at the gate? She can link her previously purchased day pass and wrist band when she arrives?
Boy, this confusing. :confused:

Melanie
08-08-2014, 05:45 PM
So, she purchase wristbands at the gate? She can link her previously purchased day pass and wrist band when she arrives?

Boy, this confusing. :confused:

She doesn't have to purchase a Magic Band. She can just use her RFID enabled ticket.

Susan A
08-08-2014, 07:04 PM
What does RFID stand for? I'm a little behind the times...

faline
08-08-2014, 07:22 PM
What does RFID stand for? I'm a little behind the times...

It stands for Radio Frequency Identification. Basically, it means a small chip is embedded in the card/band that contains information and communicates that information to other devices. The cards/bands identify the type of park tickets the holder has and allows/does not allow entry to the park; fastpasses booked by the holder and does/does not allow entry to ride etc.

yankeesfan123
08-08-2014, 08:42 PM
It stands for Radio Frequency Identification. Basically, it means a small chip is embedded in the card/band that contains information and communicates that information to other devices. The cards/bands identify the type of park tickets the holder has and allows/does not allow entry to the park; fastpasses booked by the holder and does/does not allow entry to ride etc.

And just as a basic FYI to the person that answered the question, RFID is not just a Disney thing.

It's used a lot in every day life and you probably just aren't even aware that they exist!

08-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Always get a chuckle when I work park entry at MK (as little as possible since the new touch-point entries) and hear guests comment about this "new, modern technology" (RFID enabled ticket media). Some seem to think the lights spinning around when they tap their ticket is modern I guess.

Might be of interest to know that the first actual patents for RFID were issued in 1973 and some of the leadup technology was actually developed in WWII.

Obviously, Disney is using it in a bit of a way that is "somewhat unique" but it has been in use since the 80's in public store inventory control and a myriad of other areas, primarily prior to the widespread use of bar codes that are more prevalent now.

RFID media, whether Magic Bands or enabled ticket media just links that media to a computer system file with all of the information for that ticket media holder. The actual media contains no personal or private information, such as credit cards, names, addresses and so on.

Susan A
08-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Thanks for that bit of technology info. I just never put a name to it.
So, there is RFID in a one day pass?

yankeesfan123
08-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks for that bit of technology info. I just never put a name to it.
So, there is RFID in a one day pass?

Yup. There is also RFID is the soft drink cup you buy now.

Susan A
08-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Oh, yes. I remember the chip under the cup.
Very smart!
:marg: