PDA

View Full Version : From Disney Sports Complex

ransam
08-08-2014, 06:47 AM
What is the quickest way to get from Disney Sports Complex to Animal Kingdom?
will we have to take the bus to our resort, and then go to AK?
if so what is the nearest resort for the transfer?

Thanks.

VWL Mom
08-08-2014, 07:45 AM
I don't think buses run a regular schedule to WWOS, it's dependent on what events there are going on.

faline
08-08-2014, 07:53 AM
From the Disney ESPN Sports Complex website:

Bus transportation to ESPN Wide World of Sports is available from Disney's All-Star Sports Resorts, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney's Pop Century Resort on a limited schedule:

Thursday - Monday 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

These buses will also run when events are taking place at the sports complex based on the following schedule:

One (1) hour prior to sports complex opening until 11:00 p.m. or sports complex close, whichever is later.

During the scheduled operating hours, buses from Disney's All-Star Sports Resorts, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney's Pop Century Resort to ESPN Wide World of Sports will arrive at the sports complex on the hour and ½ hour.

I suspect the quickest way would be to take a cab.

ransam
08-08-2014, 04:53 PM
we are going during the Old Spice Classic.
That leads me to another question....
a buddy at another resort is there at the same time. Can he come into the all star sports resort and pick us up and take us to Disney sports complex?

Melanie
08-08-2014, 05:44 PM
No problem with your friend coming to get you. He'll just stop at the gate and let them know what he's doing.

Have fun at the (newly renamed) Orlando Classic. We went a few years back and it's a fun, intimate setting.

ransam
08-08-2014, 11:45 PM
Yes Melanie. I'm looking forward to this and have for a long time. My two favorite things in the world are Disney and Kansas Jayhawk basketball. So it's very exciting that my team is finally playing at Disneyword.

Melanie
08-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Yes Melanie. I'm looking forward to this and have for a long time. My two favorite things in the world are Disney and Kansas Jayhawk basketball. So it's very exciting that my team is finally playing at Disneyword.

Even better that your team is playing! You'll LOVE how intimate it is. :thumbsup:

ransam
08-11-2014, 05:45 PM
is it difficult to get tickets?

Melanie
08-11-2014, 06:11 PM
is it difficult to get tickets?

No. LOL Unless things have dramatically changed, they don't exactly pack 'em in for this tournament.