PDA

View Full Version : Did they just remodel all the 80's rooms at pop?

mandaep
08-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Driving, arriving sept 29th. Was watching a video and the rooms look updated. We asked to stay in the 80's section bc we thought it would be close enough to parking lot and we are driving. Just curious. Also any Pop advice anyone wants to throw out there? We've stayed in 50's before but that was before we had kids. Seems like a decent walk from the food court. 57 days'

LVT
08-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Correct on the Parking.:thumbsup:

Itchy
08-03-2014, 10:31 AM
The walk from the 50's is not to bad. The 80's depending where you are located can be quite the hike and the 90's are way out there.

We have stayed in the 50's, 60's, 80's, and 90's.

I prefer the 50's, 60,s or 70's if given the choice and that is without the preferred room.

I think that this will let you see the map to the property.. http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg

If I remember correctly all of the rooms have been updated and they all have refrigerators now.

Hope this helps... 26 day and counting till we are a Pop again...:mickey:

Kenny1113
08-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Agreed! The 80s building can be a little farther away from food court than 50s. A short cut is through the parking lot, but idk if you want to do that with young kids.

jans2kids
08-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Just came back from a week at POP and we stayed in the 90's for the first time. If you stay on the paths in between the sections then it can be a long walk to the bus stops and food court but if you cut through the 90's parking lot you can be at both in under 5 minutes, If your looking for a quiet spot then the 90's is it. In a week we barely saw any other people plus we took a top floor room as nobody wants to walk steps or look for an elevator. The parking lot is not busy at all so it can be crossed safely and there is also a sidewalk around the parking lot you can use.

mandaep
08-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Looking at it again I'm starting to wonder if we should request 50's. We've stayed there before and wanted to change it up, but that building is definitely a decent hike. But perhaps that lot is not as busy and would be easier to find a close spot in. Hmmmm

ransam
08-24-2014, 03:20 AM
we've stayed in a few of them, but last time we stayed in the 90's. It was one of the longest walks we've done, but after the first day we got use to it and it wasn't bad.

Have a great trip.

brownie
08-24-2014, 02:47 PM
I don't think it's all that far of a walk from the 80's.

BrerGnat
08-24-2014, 07:30 PM
We just stayed in building 9 in the 80's section. Our room was facing the parking lot and we could walk to the buses in under 3 minutes. The food court entrance was less than a 5 min walk. There is a perimeter sidewalk that runs along the parking lot and that is a faster way to get to the main building. Cutting through the parking lot is the fastest way to reach the bus stops.

It was generally quiet around our building but I would HIGHLY recommend requesting a top floor. The noises you hear from the rooms above you are unreal. Bring earplugs!

As to the rooms being redone, they were definitely looking nicer than the last time I stayed there but that was about 8 years ago. Our room seemed freshly painted and the mattresses felt new. They were much less firm than they used to be. The beds have that duvet "look" but it is really just a fuzzy blanket sandwiched between two flat sheets, not an actual duvet. There is also a curtain in the vanity area which I did not realize the Pop rooms had. It was handy.

Mfarquar
08-25-2014, 01:34 PM
We always felt that POP was really well laid out compared to the other values and the moderates.

We've stayed in the 50s (2 times) and the 80s on our last trip. For the 80s trip, we rented a car for the length of stay and found it super easy to cut through the parking lot and also park very close to our room. We actually used the bus system for most of our trip (we primarily used the car for 3 trips to Universal). But, we quickly figured out the shortcut to go across the parking lot into the front entrance of the main building for breakfast and buses. It was actually one of the shortest walks we've ever had on the Disney property.