PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Water

PETE FROM NYC
08-02-2014, 05:33 PM
We have been visiting since 1975. Most trips the drinking fountains were passable. Last trip in 2012, the water had a strong sulphur taste. How is the taste lately? We drink a lot of water, and I do not believe in buying water, especially at inflated WDW prices. I know I can ask for ice water at any cs location, but can't see waiting on line for a drink. On a trip to POP in 2009, the fountains in the lobby had great tasting water, but last trip in 2012 at bLT the water was horrid. We carry a gallon jug of ice water with us but it gets used early, and looking to refill it. We also carry the to go packets.
We are hoping that for our trip in September trip, the water is decent.
So, how is the water these days?

TheHD
08-02-2014, 06:19 PM
We were just there and I can say that the quality of taste of water fountains definitely varied by each fountain. It didn't seem to matter which park or even section of park. Some tasted refreshing, usually the cooler ones, and some were nasty, usually the warmer ones. I brought the flavor squirt bottles with me and used them throughout because I couldn't handle the taste of some of the fountains. The iced water from CS and the few TS restaurants we ate at seemed to have good tasting water.

PETE FROM NYC
08-02-2014, 06:49 PM
I used to get good water in Epcot. Near the phones ,right of Spaceship Earth exit.

MargaretMessler
08-02-2014, 06:50 PM
It does vary slightly by fountain, but I don't care for it from pretty much any fountain. What we did was bring an amply supply of drink mix tubes (crystal light, kool aid, lemonade, etc.) and use those with the fountain water.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-02-2014, 10:29 PM
We go for the water from CS locations, the other stuff just doesn't taste right (and generally isn't cold).

We find a number of the smaller snack locations will give ice water, to limit the waiting in line. Almost everywhere gave us large glasses, so that helped too!

Katzateer
08-03-2014, 07:47 AM
I bring a bottle and fill with ice and a little water from the hotel in the morning. When we eat or get a snack I get more ice. The ice melts slowly so I always have a drink. I avoid the drinking fountains - haven't found one that is that great. Most of them at WS are ok.

ANG
08-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Brita water filters now have filtered sports bottles for day trips, and I can already tell the difference, even when refilled from restroom taps. (Sink taps, not drinking fountains--The older fountains at Epcot can be pretty foul. :ack: )

Ditto! I've brought our Brita bottle the last few trips and it is awesome. There are water fountains everywhere and usually no lines for them.

olivegirl
08-03-2014, 02:06 PM
We were in Disney for Christmas and noticed a smell and a definite odd taste in the water. On arrival day we usually take a quick cab ride to a local store to buy two cases of water. Definitely more cost effective as we bring the water with us to the parks. We will be in Disney on August 20-30 :cloud9: and definitely plan on making that trip to the store!!! Also it's nice to pick up some snacks as well!!!

ransam
08-04-2014, 02:56 AM
I might suggest that you invest in a small mobile water filter and run the water through that. It will help w/ the taste. You also can by small packages of orange vitamin c and dump that in the water to offset the bad taste.

grumpyguy
08-04-2014, 08:32 PM
I've heard it from many a CM,"you don't want to drink the water at MK !!" I have water with my meals and it seems fine to me (and I'm a huge Poland Spring guy) at all the other parks.
Last year my ice water at the Columbia house stunk the second the waiter set it down..