PDA

View Full Version : Disney parks around the world

malz288
08-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Hi everyone

I am in the very very very early process of planning an ultimate Disney vacation around the world. For my moms 60th birthday I would like to take her to all of the Disney parks outside of the US. I have already been to disneyland paris and had an amazing time but as for the other parks, I know nothing about them. I was also wondering if anyone knew information about the surrounding areas and how difficult it would be to see actual Tokyo and Hong Kong if we stay at Disney resorts or if we should stay at hotels directly in the cities themselves. I have about 5 years until this is actually going to happen but I'm trying to figure out what exactly we plan to see and do so I can start saving money. Also: has anyone taken the tours offered in the various parks? I was thinking a really cool thing would be to take the tours and hear the background on how each park was created. Thanks so much in advance for all the information!

Melanie
08-15-2014, 09:26 AM
Both Tokyo and Hong Kong have great rail systems going to the Disney resorts. Tokyo can be confusing at times, but just remember JR Mihama Station. :D Seriously though, we stayed at the Sheraton at the park. It is one of the 'good neighbor' hotels, like they classify them at Disneyland in California. We went three times, and got the best rate I think in February. You can use Starwood points as well, which is nice. The hotels on property at Tokyo are very expensive. If you want to splurge, go for the Mira Costa! It's IN Tokyo DisneySea. :cool:

In Hong Kong, Disneyland is on Lantau Island, which is a bit away from downtown HK (Kowloon) district, but the same island as the airport. Like I said though, they do have an excellent train system. That said, I would recommend staying out at the park a few days. We stayed at the Hollywood Hotel, and it was very reasonably priced. We really enjoyed our stay there. The Disneyland Hotel there is very reminiscent of the Grand Floridian.

We didn't do any tours in the overseas parks. That would be cool!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

VacationDisney
08-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Disneyland Paris has direct rail service right to the gate. We stayed in Paris and took one day out to visit the park.

If you really want to do the 2 parks justice you'll really need 2 days. There are hotels associated with the park. You may want to check them out.

Have a great time:thumbsup: