PDA

View Full Version : FYI: MDE currently down.

yankeesfan123
08-02-2014, 10:51 AM
I called Disney. They're well aware of the issue, it's affecting everyone, and it should be fixed in a few hours.

Let's hope. I'm headed there tomorrow!

Goofy4TheWorld
08-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Do the toilets still flush when MDE goes down? Or can you even get in the bathroom line if the Bands aren't working? :D:thedolls:

1DisneyNut
08-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Do the toilets still flush when MDE goes down? Or can you even get in the bathroom line if the Bands aren't working? :D:thedolls:

They probably had to revert to the old way and everything will run smoothly for a few hours. :thedolls:

yankeesfan123
08-02-2014, 03:30 PM
No update yet. Lots of upset people on twitter...

yankeesfan123
08-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Everything is back for me!

(For now)

disneynarula
08-02-2014, 05:18 PM
And suppose this happens when you are in the parks trying to figure out your highly planned day?

RunDMV
08-02-2014, 05:59 PM
This common occurance (Disney tech failures) is why i never went back to WDW.

After paying for my vacation, including dining, in advance, when i arrived at check-in, i was told the computers went down. (WDW just went through middle of the night computer switch over that was still glitching). I was told to go ahead and pay for meals snd snacks out of pocket and when the computers came back up, i would be reimbursed. A day and a half later, the computers came back up.

Lucky for me, i could afford to do so....not sure about bigger families with smaller resources.

yankeesfan123
08-02-2014, 06:51 PM
This common occurance (Disney tech failures) is why i never went back to WDW.

After paying for my vacation, including dining, in advance, when i arrived at check-in, i was told the computers went down. (WDW just went through middle of the night computer switch over that was still glitching). I was told to go ahead and pay for meals snd snacks out of pocket and when the computers came back up, i would be reimbursed. A day and a half later, the computers came back up.

Lucky for me, i could afford to do so....not sure about bigger families with smaller resources.

This was NOT a common occurrence.

It was a global system failure that lasted about 8 or so hours.

From all reports I've read, everyone's fast passes still worked in the parks. However, they could not change/book any new ones nor could they check the website to remind themselves about reservations.

Yes, it was a mess from all accounts. But, that's technology for you. Heck, even Facebook went down the other day!