PDA

View Full Version : Gopro

Coleby
08-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Ok, I did a search and came up with a little information. But I was wondering about the GoPro. It will be our children's first times at Disney and I was wondering if it would work with a strap to get them some. They are 3 and 4. I just really don't want to lug around a camera all the time, but not sure if this would work for me.

Thanks

Capt_redshirt
08-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Ok, I did a search and came up with a little information. But I was wondering about the GoPro. It will be our children's first times at Disney and I was wondering if it would work with a strap to get them some. They are 3 and 4. I just really don't want to lug around a camera all the time, but not sure if this would work for me.

Thanks

I think that gopros are neat for certain things. they work great for action sports. but heres the thing they don't have a flash to them (only the top of the line has low light. they are awkward to use when not put into some sort of mount. and for a price point they are at its almost cheaper to buy a tiny point and shoot. also keep in mind there is no external storage so when the device is full you will have to find a decent wifi to upload your video and shots to the gopro site and i'm not sure what format they use so being able to download images might be an issue

dnickels
08-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Ditto what the PP said. GoPros are great for filming video while engaged in action sports, but not so much for taking pictures. They might seem attractive due to their compact size but if taking pictures is the intended use you'd be better off to just get a small point and shoot.

wellsm
08-04-2014, 11:31 AM
I was looking for a nice, easy-to-use, rugged, waterproof camera for my daughter, who is a bit older (7)

I ended up finding the Nikon S32.

It works very well - especially easy to use for kids. It has a wrist strap, though you may want to find something like a lanyard for kids that young.

azcavalier
08-05-2014, 09:07 AM
I bought an Olympus Tough TG-2 and put a wrist strap on it. Waterproof, shockproof, crushproof. We used it at the waterparks, wave pool, waterslide, lazy river, as well as the pool at Beach Club. I let the kids just go crazy with it, and we got a lot of interesting footage. Pretty good video as well.

Coleby
08-06-2014, 09:57 AM
I think I wasn't clear originally, and I am sorry.

I wasn't looking at letting my kids use it. I was going to strap it to me to get video of my kids.

We already have a regular camera, was just looking at something different.

Capt_redshirt
08-06-2014, 01:44 PM
I think I wasn't clear originally, and I am sorry.

I wasn't looking at letting my kids use it. I was going to strap it to me to get video of my kids.

We already have a regular camera, was just looking at something different.

It certainly would be interesting to watch but if you are doing it for character meet and greets id be looking at the hero 3+ black since its the only one with low light. most of those meet and greets have strange lighting (pete silly side show comes to mind) since there is no external light source on them might not get the shot or video you want